• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it - thanks! :onya

One question, though. In "PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\characters\init\TempQuest.c", the definition for "mutineer_23", who uses character model "ladyinred", has the line:
Code:
ch.model.animation = "woman_sit";
Is that necessary? It won't do any harm, but as far as I know, you should only need a 'ch.model.animation' line for characters with non-standard animations such as "33_Blazie". The default animation for female models should now be "woman_sit", so any character using a normal female model should not need a 'ch.model.animation' line. If that's not true then I need to know because other women in the game might have problems.

No, "woman_sit.an" - the binary file from which animations are picked by "woman_sit.ani" - does not seem to have any animation for sitting on the ground.

A bit of playing around with "Animation View" indicates that "33_Blazie" and "33_Piratess10" can sit on the ground, though. Perhaps have your female mutineer use one of those models, or a retextured variant of one of them?

Yes, that's a good idea. :onya

Hmmm.
"33_Blazie" can sit on the ground but her arm looks terribly broken.
"33_piratess1o" sits ok but I've used her model + texture on my "BB_Teach3" model.

So I'll stick with "ladyinred" and make her do a quick (o.5 sec) sit and stay again when she performs some lockpicking on the ground.

Last edited:
Work in progress Grey Roger I try my BEST to complete it... for now i doing this alone. No signes of konradk

i'll send some translated files soon but i cannot promise that in 1 week i'm done

No signes of konradk
Send him a PM if need be. In my experience, he's usually not too far away.

That being said, he's also usually relatively responsive on Facebook but I haven't seen him around in a while.
Last post of his there was 22 November. Could be real life caught up with him in some way.
I hope he's OK. He's a good guy.

The last update of 2019 is now in place:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip

New to this one:
  • A new cursed character, Ricardo Orellano, with his own ship and customised start, thanks to @GhostOfDeath91
  • More work on the Spanish translation from @Perro Negro with some help from @Homo eructus. You can now play the whole "Hornblower" storyline in Spanish. (If you don't speak Spanish, this is your chance to learn. Who says PoTC is not educational? xD)
  • Smuggling for a governor is significantly changed. It's no longer a "get out of jail free" card for regular smuggling. The governor provides you with cargo for free - but he wants the money you get from the smugglers! You'll get a percentage of it back as a reward, and a larger percentage if you take on the smugglers yourself instead of simply reporting them.
  • You can talk to Patric Cardone without triggering or losing his sidequest. The questbook does not open until he gets as far as telling you about the quest. If you do not encourage him to continue to that point, the dialog ends without doing anything to the quest, and sometimes it ends with an option to trade with Patric.
Merry Christmas and a plundering good New Year!

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 138
Is there any way to fix or deactivate the dismast function of the mod? It causes some graphic glitches with black and white squares flickering on screen whenever a ship dismast.

If I see correctly, masts fall when function 'float Ship_MastDamage()' in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c returns 1.0 .
You could try to edit that to always override that with 0.99 and see if that stops it.

Okay, i found the ini file, but what line should i edit ?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 388
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back