• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello PA!

Does the installer automatically install the "b14_beta4_final.tar" (as long as it's in the same folder) and then all you need to do is copy/replace with the "post_25May_updates.zip"?

I was wondering if my main screen should read "Build 14 (20th December 2019)" or "Build 14 Beta 4 (20th December 2019)"

Last edited:
Yes, if "b14_beta4_final.tar" is in the same folder as the installer, then the installer should find it and automatically unpack it. You do not need to extract anything from "b14_beta4_final.tar" yourself.

But you do need to extract "post_25May_updates.zip". The contents are structured the same way as the game installation - "PROGRAM" and "RESOURCE" folders, their respective sub-folders, plus a few files at the top level. Extract it to a folder of its own, then copy the entire contents of that folder to the game installation folder.

I'm not sure off-hand whether the main screen says "Build 14" or "Build 14 Beta 4", but it gets the date from a certain file which is included in both the installer and the update. If the main screen says "(21st May 2018)" then it's getting the file from the installer, which means you either did not install the update correctly or you did not install it at all. If the main screen says "(20th December 2019)" then the file is from the update, so you have probably installed the update correctly.

I have problem with the 20th December update(or 25th may updates) whenever I add it to the game the game won't work anymore and it will get stuck at the launcher before crash
but if i do a reinstall and just add older updates without this last one the game works like a charm why is that? anyone got an idea?

I have problem with the 20th December update(or 25th may updates) whenever I add it to the game the game won't work anymore and it will get stuck at the launcher before crash
but if i do a reinstall and just add older updates without this last one the game works like a charm why is that? anyone got an idea?
Do you get any .log files in your main game folder?
If so, please post those.
Maybe those will give us a clue.

Dunno if you done this but... Try changing the sea.dll file while you are done reinstalling the New game.

The internet will show you the giles but of course beware of unknown

I put a link for you

sea.dll Download for missing file error _ dll-found.com

Or if you dont want to make any problems put the file at C: disk instead of Program files. My version always work when i put all files in folder, you know b14 beta final, the installer, post update
This would also helped you.

Dunno if you done this but... Try changing the sea.dll file while you are done reinstalling the New game.
Warning - we already tried that, and this was the result:
Fixed - Graphical Bug - Plain White Waters

The advice about not installing the game to "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86)") is good. I always install the game to "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean". If you install into "Program Files", Windows Security will do silly things.

The installer and the "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive File" must be in the same folder as each other otherwise the installer will not work. Do not extract "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive File"! The installer will do that automatically.

"post_25May_updates.zip" can go anywhere. You do need to extract this yourself. Then copy the whole lot into the top level of the game installation. The update has the same folder structure as the game installation, so Windows should then copy the various files to their correct places. It will probably ask if you want to merge the "PROGRAM" folders - if it doesn't, you may have tried to copy the update to the wrong place.

this happens only with this game others work properly don't know
TObI1Wq.png
TObI1Wq.png
and will upload the error file as well.

Attachments

• error.log
    109 bytes · Views: 138
Warning - we already tried that, and this was the result:
The advice about not installing the game to "Program Files" (or "Program Files (x86)") is good. I always install the game to "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean". If you install into "Program Files", Windows Security will do silly things.

The installer and the "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive File" must be in the same folder as each other otherwise the installer will not work. Do not extract "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive File"! The installer will do that automatically.

"post_25May_updates.zip" can go anywhere. You do need to extract this yourself. Then copy the whole lot into the top level of the game installation. The update has the same folder structure as the game installation, so Windows should then copy the various files to their correct places. It will probably ask if you want to merge the "PROGRAM" folders - if it doesn't, you may have tried to copy the update to the wrong place.
I know all of these steps. and i followed them, but still the same.

Can you also post "compile.log"?

Which language are you using - English, Russian, Spanish or Polish?

Are you starting a new game or trying to continue a savegame from an earlier version?

Can you also post "compile.log"?

Which language are you using - English, Russian, Spanish or Polish?

Are you starting a new game or trying to continue a savegame from an earlier version?
you mean system file? here it is.
I use it in English, and starting a new game never played a game with this new install.

Attachments

• system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 144
Indeed, I don't see it.

An idea that came to my mind, maybe try to run the game with administrator rights and/or Windows XP compatibility mode?

Not sure if it will help, but worth a shot I think.

I think it will be also the best if you show us your desktop screenshot this can happen if you try to copy & Paste The ENGINE. This program can be used on desktop if it is as a shortcut but as a copied file it wont work and will show this error

BTW the screenshot you gave is showing that you didnt put the files in your POTC folder.
Try Putting them all and send us the results.

Files you must put in is

* b14_final.tar (from Moddb)
*B14 installer (From moddb)

(Just to be sure)
*Posrt_update (from Forum)

Last edited:
For preference, get all three files ("Build 14 Part 1: Installation Wizard", "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file" and "post_25May_updates.zip") from the first post of this thread. Part 2 hasn't been changed for a while so is probably alright on ModDB as well, but I'm not so sure about the installer.

i did a clean new reinstall and it's the same. here are all the files in the same folder!
is it because i copied and pasted the other updates before i did the same with the 25_may update?
xlFncuh.png)
xlFncuh.png
I tried playing the original game and it works like a charm.
so i'm confused.
I did a full reinstall of all of my .net framework versions, but the problem happens only with potc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back