• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may also make the interface not stretch, since in stock PotC the interface is stretched. Mostly noticeable on the character icons and command menu.

It may also make the interface not stretch, since in stock PotC the interface is stretched. Mostly noticeable on the character icons and command menu.
How about items interface - stretch or not stretched, because that is really a pain in the ...

Question: Are there in game swedish colonies? I ask because having Sweden set on, i tried the career as swedish naval officer but only my ship has soldiers and flags of Sweden, i started in Eleuthera that has english soldiers and is an english colony and the governor too, but when leaving the port i saw also that english ships were enemies of mine...

Yes, that should be the case. And also, a certain storyline features a Swedish colony, which was the reason to include Sweden in the game in the first place, it wasn't originally meant for Freeplay, which is why it's still an optional add-on disabled by default.

a certain storyline features a Swedish colony, which was the reason to include Sweden in the game in the first place
Yes in WoodesRogers part 2 (not yet finished) there is a swedish colony. It was there and working even before Sweden was added as a "normal" nation.
(I used the personal swedish flag.)
Kristiania_with_fort.jpg

Well i think i will try both conquer a city and give it to Sweden in free play mode, and that WoodesRogers storyline then, thanks for your replies :)

It would be great to be able to do this, you could be able to expand the power of a colony...
Actually... I just checked PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Captured governor_dialog.c and it looks like the nations are nicely NOT hardcoded:
Code:
       case "Select_New_Government":
           Dialog.Text = DLG_TEXT[4];
           iNation = sti(NPChar.nation);
           for (i = 0; i < NATIONS_QUANTITY; i++) {
               if (i == iNation) continue;
               tempstr = "l" + (i + 1);
               if(ProfessionalNavyNation() == UNKNOWN_NATION || i == ProfessionalNavyNation())
               {
                   Link.(tempstr) = DLG_TEXT[5] + XI_ConvertString("4"+GetNationDescByType(i)) + DLG_TEXT[6];
                   Link.(tempstr).go = "new_nation_" + i;
               }
           }
           i = makeint(GetTownGovernorIndex(NPChar.town) > -1) + GetTownNumForts(NPChar.town);
           if (GetPassengersQuantity(PChar) >= i) {
               Link.l10 = DLG_TEXT[7];
               Link.l10.go = "capture_for_blaze";
           }
           Link.l99 = DLG_TEXT[8];
           Link.l99.go = "First time";
       break;
That means it might work already!
Please try and let us know. :doff

I will, thanks!!! It could take some times, Even if i'm a privateer captain with an english rank of senoir lieutennant, i have every nation at peace with eachother except pirates :D
But i'll definitely try...One more thing if i can ask: why the governor's daughters wear the same dress with cap instead of more good looking outfits like for example the one of Elizabeth Shaw (daughter of the governor of Grand Cayman) or those you can buy at tailor's shop? I also notice that Elizabeth Shaw once freed form Davy Jones doesn't appear in the same model if you come to visit the governor, but like for example the daughter of the Jamaica governor, she too wears the same dress with cap model...

You could try taking the Torruga or Turks forts.
If those happen to be pirates.

For the governor's daughters, I'm not sure how their model choices are coded.
I'd hope the look at the "Rich_Citizens" group, but perhaps it doesn't.

Maybe @Bartolomeu o Portugues can say something about Elisabeth Shaw?

Great!
Pieter, you were right, it already works!
I just captured Turks and made it a Swedish colony, when you conquered the town and you go to the governor, you can spare the town against a randsom, or say that the town needs a new government and then all the nations are available to be choosen, so i made Turks belong to Sweden, and now i could become a sweden corsair! :ship

For the governor's daughters, I'm not sure how their model choices are coded.
I'd hope the look at the "Rich_Citizens" group, but perhaps it doesn't.
I'm not sure off-hand where this is coded but the choice of model is based on your level. At low level, you will only see governors' daughters with basic models with bonnets. At higher level, you'll see the nicer models.

Maybe @Bartolomeu o Portugues can say something about Elisabeth Shaw?
Elizabeth Shaw is a quest character whose model has nothing to do with this system. And you can't marry her. :p

Not in Turks Jack Rackham, for what i see, the governor changes physical shape but only gives me the option to make peace with pirates and nothing else, and in the city there aren't swedish soldiers or any kind of guards...Maybe Turks is coded differently from other cities, when i capture another town i'll let you know if something doesn't go as it should...
Grey Roger, thanks for the info, i'm at level 27 in my current game...Pity i can't marry Elizabeth Shaw, it would have been immersive, after all that i risked to free her :D :D
Question: could you point me to a good tutorial on how to create a playable character in order to add it in the game? I'd like to make a "myself like" version to play, like i do in Skyrim...Thanks in advance for every info and help :bow

Not in Turks Jack Rackham, for what i see, the governor changes physical shape but only gives me the option to make peace with pirates and nothing else
Ah, yes.
Turks has a different kind of governor.

could you point me to a good tutorial on how to create a playable character in order to add it in the game? I'd like to make a "myself like" version to play, like i do in Skyrim...Thanks in advance for every info and help :bow
For Free Play, you mean?
Look at PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back