• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove the file "PROGRAM\Storyline\ZZ.c" which was a dummy file to allow "Woodes Rogers" to save and load games, and which should no longer be needed.
If you remove it WoodesRogers isn't there at all. :no

If you keep it in place, does anything weird happen?
I would expect it might...
I'm not sure whether it was "ZZ.c" still being in place or the old version of "options", but after I copied the new version of "PROGRAM\utils.c" into place, "error.log" showed some messages about it. Adding a 'trace' into 'InitStorylines()' showed that "Woodes Rogers" was being registered twice, not surprising as "ZZ.c" is a copy of "Woodes Rogers.c". If I remember correctly, I still got errors after I'd deleted "ZZ.c", but not after I'd deleted "options".
Unless you install the new version of "PROGRAM\utils.c". ;)

@Pieter Boelen: perhaps that's why only you didn't see "Woodes Rogers" before you corrected "utils.c"? You certainly had some files missing in your install; if "ZZ.c" was one of them, that would explain your lack of "Woodes Rogers". Anyone with a standard May 2018 install followed by an update archive up to 8th October 2020 would have "ZZ.c" from the update archive.

Did you use today's update? What is the date on your version of "PROGRAM\utils.c"?

If you have enough hard disc space so that you can make a new install without risking your current one, that would probably be safest.

I'm not sure whether it was "ZZ.c" still being in place or the old version of "options", but after I copied the new version of "PROGRAM\utils.c" into place, "error.log" showed some messages about it. Adding a 'trace' into 'InitStorylines()' showed that "Woodes Rogers" was being registered twice, not surprising as "ZZ.c" is a copy of "Woodes Rogers.c".
Ah; that makes sense.

I'm not sure whether it was "ZZ.c" still being in place or the old version of "options", but after I copied the new version of "PROGRAM\utils.c" into place, "error.log" showed some messages about it. Adding a 'trace' into 'InitStorylines()' showed that "Woodes Rogers" was being registered twice, not surprising as "ZZ.c" is a copy of "Woodes Rogers.c". If I remember correctly, I still got errors after I'd deleted "ZZ.c", but not after I'd deleted "options".
Confirms my suspicion then; keeping that file around isn't the best idea.

There's a list of storylines in the "options" file, so logical indeed that it could have an influence too.

@Pieter Boelen: perhaps that's why only you didn't see "Woodes Rogers" before you corrected "utils.c"? You certainly had some files missing in your install; if "ZZ.c" was one of them, that would explain your lack of "Woodes Rogers". Anyone with a standard May 2018 install followed by an update archive up to 8th October 2020 would have "ZZ.c" from the update archive.
Nope, that wasn't it; I definitely did have that one.

I think the missing files were ones I did see, but excluded on purpose because I wasn't sure which was the correct one to keep.

It should be. As far as I can tell it works now. Both with and without "Unfinished Storylines" enabled.

OK, I've got the latest update archive from Grey Roger, the list of files to remove, the script improvements from Pieter. My goal is to have something ready to test this Friday. I won't be working on it tomorrow as I'll be eating my way through Epcot's Food and Wine Festival for what feels like the first time in forever.

To date, is everything with the update solid? Are there any outstanding or unreported bugs that need attention?

My goal is to have something ready to test this Friday. I won't be working on it tomorrow as I'll be eating my way through Epcot's Food and Wine Festival for what feels like the first time in forever.
Tomorrow is Friday. :D OK, time zone differences mean you probably posted that on Wednesday evening rather than Thursday morning. Even so, assuming you do a proper job of munching and drinking your way through Epcot, you may not be in much condition to do anything on Friday! No hurry - have a really good time at Epcot, take whatever time you need to recover, then maybe have the installer ready some time next week.
To date, is everything with the update solid? Are there any outstanding or unreported bugs that need attention?
There aren't any unreported bugs that I know of, the reason being that if there are, nobody has reported them. xD There are no outstanding bugs that are likely to be fixed any time soon, other than a very minor issue with the "Hornblower" storyline:
Discussion - Hornblower model & minor issues
I've just uploaded a fixed version of "quests_reaction.c" to that thread in case you want to include it, but as Styles becomes immortal at that point in the storyline, his HP don't matter any more.

Other than that, as far as I know, the May 2018 installer plus 16th October update should be solid.

Thanks, everyone! Epcot was fun, but it feels incredibly strange with only a fraction of the normal crowd level. Not that I mind not having to wade through throngs getting from place to place or wait in ridiculously long ride queues. The food was delicious as was the drink. :drunk Thank goodness I was able to sleep in today.

Been there once too. Pretty cool!
And tasty too. :cheeky

Much less queuing sounds like quite the improvement! :cheers
Help! By accident ( under updating) I deleted the whole game, and all of my personal work.
How can I restore it under my name Ansel???

There are already quite a lot of Spanish ships. There are some specific historic ships such as the San Martin, and there are Spanish textured versions of other ships such as the Castell Friedrichsburg brigantine.

Creating a whole new ship, Spanish or otherwise, requires someone who knows how to create new models, which for now we do not have. So we're unlikely to get any completely new ship models any time soon.

Retexturing an existing ship to give it a Spanish appearance is easier. If you want to do this, we can show you how, then you can make your own Spanish versions of other ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back