• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build FAQ

I'd suggest downloading the Build patch as one of the newest things in there is a new dialog file for the Pirate leader. I don't think it was updated to cure that problem but I suspect that the file has been corrupted and replacing it with a newer version never hurt :blah:

all i have to say about this is, this mod is great! i NEVER want to play the origional POTC anymore, lol THANKX A LOT YOU SPOILED IT FOR ME! im kidding...its great, keep up all the good work everyone who makes these magnificent mods.

are you saying that you cant even start a new game? like does it delete it or something? or can you start a new game, but it shuts off everytime?

yeah thats true, they have helped me numerous times...pass the rum to them! without them i would have been stuck halfway through the game

Similar problem

Complete new install of PoTC - then applied the combined MOD latest version after following all of the steps in the readme. Net result - Crashed after trying to load (pearl in bottom right was on for about `5-10` secs) upon hitting the "New Game" option.

So... went back and applied the European MOD done by someone else even though it says dont use on versions above 9 (I wanted to try it).

Game starts - so looks like i've got the euro version and Necrodolphin that should help you out...

But after a quick initial look - few problems..

My main couldn't spend his ability point - nor did any comments about descriptions of abilities come up - maybe i've missed something in the readme and this has been changed?

And I was attacked by thugs in Oxbay - my No2 kicked off - I joined in and the English guards then slaughtered me, even though we just dropped the attackers....

Really do want to play this mod - so any ideas please? I take it its my version of PoTC thats causing a few conflicts :cheers

Re: Similar problem

<!--`QuoteBegin-Kurgis`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kurgis)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
But after a quick initial look - few problems..

My main couldn't spend his ability point - nor did any comments about descriptions of abilities come up - maybe i've missed something in the readme and this has been changed?

And I was attacked by thugs in Oxbay - my No2 kicked off - I joined in and the English guards then slaughtered me, even though we just dropped the attackers....

Really do want to play this mod - so any ideas please? I take it its my version of PoTC thats causing a few conflicts xD:[/quote]

first problem, I had the same one, you have to press space in order to select and choose an ability, then you can press OK to get it,...

second problem: it might be possible your officers accidentaly attacked the guards, then the guards will attack you back, thus ending in a massacre, reload and try again, it might happen again, and it might not,...

Some problems I'm having with this build...

The rumours system doesn't seem to work... no matter where I am, everytime I ask for rumours the folks just reply, "Nothing new here... I woner how long that lasts"

Also, I notice that my name during dialogues seems to be replaced by the rank I have within a nation's service... it's kinda weird how I keep getting refered to as "Captain Lieutenant" ever since England gave my char a promotion...

Some help please?

first, a warm welcome to ya, mate! have a great time here savvy?...and yes i had that problem before the one with "captain lieutenant" type of stuff...well, truthfully i dont think it would be too complicated to fix that. just so you know, a new Build should be done sooner, or later (most likely later, cuz Nathankell is "missing in action" :D: ...but when this build is done, hopefully this thing will be fixed...im sure many others could be able to help you better than i, but i just thought id let you know that a new build will come out sooner or later, and im sure thatll be fixed there...welcome aboard mate! :D

Have 3 burly looking strong men follow you around. :cheeky

Hello, everyone!

I can't talk to Malcolm when I start a new game. I can still select "talk", but the dialogue screen just doesn't respond :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Captain` Dingo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain Dingo)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I can't talk to Malcolm when I start a new game.  I can still select "talk", but the dialogue screen just doesn't respond  :cheers[/quote]

Ahoy, Captain Dingo, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :cheers

When you start your new game, do you hit the "I" key to reinitialize? This will get everything settled for the new build and hopefully get Malcolm talking again. :p:

how do you buy land? I see that "acres owned" thing in my status page and I think "cool I can own land" so I look around to find a real estate agent or something but I find nothing

Back