• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build MOD 2.5

Much more stable than it was! :cheeky

I'll leave it to people who play the game for real to make further comments though. Haven't got much experience with prolonged game stability.
All I know is that I haven't run into any crashes lately at all. And when a crash DOES occur, they're usually random and don't occur on second try.
So as always, the advice stands: SAVE OFTEN!

I had several CTD's with ship decks, but we recently found out that this was/is my video-card. Yesterday I got the game freezed a couple of times, but i think that was my own fault because I set the resolution too high.

Besides that I only had one CTD during saving. :shrug: But that happens in every game, so yes you could say its very stable ;)

Now granted, I've always had a laptop that could handle the build mod well, but the only time I ever experience a crash is when I'm boarding ships when there's more than say 16 around in the first place, then the engine will fail probably 10% of the time. Other than that, the engine never fails, most crashes are caused by people trying to run this on an ancient computer or by people who mess with too much stuff in their game personally.

all the time i played, i would say its REALLY stabble (especially lastest version (2.5) ) i get crashes only when i search to XD

if you save regulary, you wont notice the only crashes you can meet (restarting game and reloading savegame is so fast and easy that you wont get any trouble)

What do you mean by game stability anyway? The chance of crashes or the total amount of issues you'd encounter, including but not limited to actual crashes?

Based on the code changes made in Beta 2.5, it has no business being any more or less crash-worthy than Beta 2.3.
Basically it should be just as "stable" as the earlier version.

However, just have a look at the amount of stuff listed for Beta 2.4 and 2.5 in "Build Info.txt". Those are a LOT of improvements to non-crashworthy, but otherwise VERY annoying bugs.
The worst would be the "no Resume Game after using the Options Menu". But also "New Game" being restored, fencing skill fixed and so much else.
In general, Beta 2.5 should just play a whole lot better. So at least the game experience in-between possible crashes should be a lot smoother.

I have always had a random crash in all versions of POTC. In beta 2.3 it was maybe one a day. When beta 2.5 was released I got four crashes the first day, then 2, and lately none. I also had computer issues that seem to be DX9 related.

Does the queen anne's revenge breathe fire in this mod? hehehe.. just asking :p

What do you mean? :confused:
Her bow chasers shoot fire and set ships ablaze immediately. Provided they hit target. I tested this last week; works perfectly fine. :shrug

woah! i didn't know that! hehehe. not experienced it yet. how can I make her breath fire on my command? and change her fire's range?

Back