• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

building a building? Does it work?

blackrabbit

Sailor Apprentice
Sometimes when I talk to people in my party while we're on land I se text that says something about grabbing a shovel and start building a building right there and now. Can we really build buildings? I saw this in build 13 I think too. What do we need to have or do to build a building and what purpose do they serve?

Does it work? Sure does! There's some weird effects involved (yes, they glow in the dark and you can walk through the walls),
but they provide all sorts of gameplay value, including generating money and goods,
but at the cost of sometimes getting attacks on them. What do you need? Money and wood, basically.
Just use the dialog option and see what happens. Your officers can give you some more information through dialog also. ;)

As the dialog will tell you, you can even build inside a church.
It's up to the player to make sure it makes sense. Or not. ;)

If you are bored of the sea and the piracy you can always go to your humble farm and take care of your horses, if you find some horses first, of course :onya

I always take a cargo of extra planks to claim territory in the name of the Dutch Republic :3

One tip - when you deploy a building, be sure to note that the building will be created on the axis that originates from the line of sight between the first officer and yourself. "Aim" armed fortifications such as stockades with cannon this way. If in doubt of positioning, save before you build.

The result isn't that shabby, for a jury-rigged town! I attached an example below:

Attachments

• ENGINE 2009-12-02 21-07-37-12.jpg
    ENGINE 2009-12-02 21-07-37-12.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 84
Back