• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Building permits with thief's knife

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
You can steal building permits with the thief's knife, which results in game balance issues and hilarious screenshots, should the player get hold of them.

bug.png bug2.png bug3.png bug4.png

Does anyone have an idea on how to make the "occupants" of such buildings immune to thief's knifes?

I have noticed that if you build the building you can't damage the "occupant", so they are "immune" to the knife.

If I recall, it used to be that those items wouldn't display or you couldn't transfer them.
Apparently something isn't working as intended there... :facepalm

Have a look in the itemsbox.c file; that's the interface where you can move items between characters.

I found this in a couple of places:
Code:
       if (GetAttributeName(curItem) == "bladeX4") continue;// TIH simply never show fists in looting screens 7-7-06
Building permits are all given the name "building" even though they should have different item ID's, which is why they all show up as "Building Permit ;)" (smiley included in the item description). So I tried adding:
Code:
       if (GetAttributeName(curItem) == "building") continue;
It didn't work. Building permits still show up and can be stolen.

"bladeX4" is an actual item ID. Perhaps adding an exact building item ID would work?
Maybe with an 'HasSubStr', you can catch them all?

Back