• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Building set

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Is there any way to stop getting through buildings that you build?

Also is it possible to add a walkpatch to items?

forest.png

Last edited:
Also is it possible to add a walkpatch to items?
I just checked and technically it's possible to do that with example the TOOL:
Open Gm/Scene/Patch/Create new character patch

What this will do the the item and if it will work in a location with its own patch I have no idea.

--------

For unique situations I have used a work around method. It's clumsy and takes time but it works:
I use 2 locators. quest 1 is a "checkpoint". goto 1_back is where you will be moved when reaching the checkpoint.
If executed it loops back for the same checkpoint again.

Code:
case "careen_back1":
            pchar.quest.careen_back1_A.win_condition.l1 = "locator";
            pchar.quest.careen_back1_A.win_condition.l1.location = "BB_careen_shore";
            pchar.quest.careen_back1_A.win_condition.l1.locator_group = "quest";
            pchar.quest.careen_back1_A.win_condition.l1.locator = "1";
            pchar.quest.careen_back1_A.win_condition = "careen_back1_A";
        break;

case "careen_back1_A":
            ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(Pchar, "BB_careen_shore", "goto", "1_back");

LAi_QuestDelay("careen_back1", 0.1);
        break;

step_back.jpg

quest 2, 4 and goto 2_back, 4_back are two other step backs.

When i try to view RESOURSE\MODELS\Ammo\BuildingSet\B_House02.gm in the TOOL it sais that it could not read it. :shrug
noread.png

Some ship model files have the same problem. My guess is that the files are corrupted somehow and need to be repaired with Maya.

Even if you could manage to make a walkpatch for let's say a building it wouldn't create a hole in the
locations walkpatch. Which is what you need I guess.

It wouldn't work for items anyway.
Only location models (and perhaps ships?) use those patches.

Even if you could manage to make a walkpatch for let's say a building it wouldn't create a hole in the
locations walkpatch. Which is what you need I guess.
I guess there is a reason that this exists for so much time. At least i tried.

Last edited:
How does the game stop you from walking through characters? If each building is created with a character in the middle, and if you can't walk through him, is there a way to increase the radius of the area which he blocks?

How does the game stop you from walking through characters? If each building is created with a character in the middle, and if you can't walk through him, is there a way to increase the radius of the area which he blocks?
My assumption is that would have something to do with the collision detection in the character model.
Either that, or there's a radius hard coded for characters in the engine.

If it is the first of those two, I wonder if @damski62 might be interested in helping you with an experiment...

Let's hope for the first.
For some reason, the suggestion to make a character model into a building does ring a bell for me.
That means there is a chance we may have already tried that (and it didn't work out).
If so, there's probably evidence somewhere on the forum. But good luck finding that back in Davy Jones' Locker...

But anyway, don't let that discourage you.
Maybe I'm misremembering and maybe we tried it the wrong way before.
Seemingly impossible things HAVE been accomplished before and I LOVE being proven wrong. :woot

Does anyone know where is the code for what character model is used for the building set? :shrug

Back