• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

But you have heard of me....

RedRoth

Landlubber
On the relations screen in the new build, how or when does it change from saying "unknown pirate" to, well, whatever else it says. Im horror of the high seas, almost all nations hate me. this is a stupid question, but can you get in at least semi good with pirates? i get sick of having to fight them every time i go to the pirate island.

Eventually your reputation that way will increase - "Promising Pirate" is another I recall. It doesn't really matter - the pirates really never accept you - you just have to fight them or avoid them. :cheeky

One thing I do when I go to QC is to stop my ship when on the overhead view - right after the mate says "Land ho!" - then I pop out of the overhead and into reg. sailing mode - and see if anyone's in port by using the "sailto" button. If they are, I pop back out to the overhead view and pop back in. Might take a few days, but you will eventually get a clear harbor in which to drop anchor. xD: xD:

the pirates really never accept you - you just have to fight them or avoid them.

thats not true cat i dont think...maybe in this new build, but still i dont think that changed. ok when you raise flag during battle, u become neutral to pirates. after that you have to have every nation hate you BUT the pirates. after that, you make urself VERY low on rep to maybe horror of high seas. then you can be a pirate! i think! :)

thanks. but does your rep have to go way up or way down to be a "promising pirate"? because ive been pretty cutthroat and i see no change.

I think the rank you are looking at is more your notoriety than whether you have been cutthroat... Depends on how much sailing time you've had, how many ports you've been to, how long you have been "out there" in the game... The one by your character profile is your reputation, not your notoriety.

What you have to do is raise a pirate flag...when your out at sea, select the ability, "Raise a Pirate Flag". This automaticly makes you neutral with the pirates and does not affect your reputation with anybody else :)

one last thing. where are the tailors at? or where ever the shops are that i can buy different "clothes" or skinds or whatever

They're all over - in each town, just walk up to the doorways, it should say "Tailor Shop" in your popup log - the one in QC is a guy standing by the gate.

No proble, RedRoth, happy to help! ;) xD:

I love the new build - sure makes the game so much more playable and interesting. The "coastraiders and coasttraders" mod is just wonderful as I love to see more ships around and it offers more of a challenge...

aye, trying to get to the pyrate island is a total bi*** to do now! lol it makes it much more fun! cuz in real life i dont hink you could have just approached a p'rat island with ENGLISH sails and flag! no sierrrre! ;) xD:

did I mention i'm allwayz "Horror on the High sea", it takes only a few rounds with a french/english ships/soldiers, then rep. goes way down ...... so I ... just ........ KILL 'EM ALL.......... and be Pyrate ....
xD: its so damm hard to get a decent rep. again after that .......
;):

Reputation has _nothing_ to do with acceptance as a pirate.
It's all about _fame_.

Note that in SD1/POTC, reputation does not mean how famous you are, but how "good" a person you are--hero or scoundrel.

Fame (per some other thread on joining pirates I just mentioned; can't recall name tho) mostly has to do with:
Your level
and, your wealth (not your party's money, your personal wealth).
Leadership skill, a crew that got good shares on last DP, your rank in service with nation(s) if any, they help too.

Back