• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help buying bigger ship

kaizerkat

Freebooter
ive been playing to where my personal level is 54 and ive been to every shipyard and i can not buy ships tier 5 and above due to that shipyard does not offer them to me. furthermore on the open sea the only encounters i get are tier 7 & 6 mostly and random tier 5 (penance) & tier 4 aurora, lyme, and one other frigate.... where are all the big ships? i myself have a war schooner tier 5. plus rarely get a sail ho or any other action. Are they scared of me or do i have scurvy? i have sail other ship encounter set at 75% chance.

Bigger ships should appear in the shipyards of bigger towns.
Try Jamaica or Puerto Rico, for example.

There is also a setting to link ship size to your own level.
This is off by default so your encounters should be fully random; but perhaps it was switched on for you?

You can also try various worldmap ship encounters.
Depending on the description in the Sail Ho screen, they should be bigger.

It's certainly true that the biggest ships are deliberately rare.
There weren't a whole lot of them around in the Caribbean.

ok pieter i went to worldmap and captured an second rate ship. hell of a battle, ended up boarding the ship and barely won. definitely treated myself to a peligrino with lime twist and bathbomb just to calm down...(joking) anyway, back at the shipyard repaired and totally upgraded 2nd rate ship and the next day started sailing off to next isle and the 2nd rate turned on me,WTH? reloaded and made it to the worldmap again and the ship ended up pulling a mutiny on me. no matter what i do the ship goes away... is it cause my rep is an rascal?

Back