• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Buying ship without pressing ok

A.H

Privateer
Here you go..
so on save file, just talk to the guy and click on one of the ships there are for sale (one of them is my own sloop of war, and theres another sloop of war right next to it).. whether you click yes or no on purchase, the ship automatically is transfered to you as you see on pic with the english bark:
71.jpg

Attachments

• FreePlay.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • error.log
    100 bytes · Views: 91
I have this problem too and when I have time I will look Into it more.
I noticed it doesn't happen with all ships. Often only the first you click after opening the screen. Can someone confirm this?

It seemed to have a problem with the check for townsack. So please check if the shipyard behaves well if you plunder the town.

What do you think of this?
This should make sure you can't continue buying if its a captured location.

Attachments

• shipyard.c
    176.6 KB · Views: 90
That does seem like a better idea to me. No buying of ships at captured towns (for now still only Speightstown in the Standard storyline, I think).
I wonder what would be the most sensible way to handle an occupied town in general.
Should the trader/shipyard be open for business? Or only do business with those friendly to France?
As it is only a short-lived scenario and the entire story probably takes place during a "transitional time", it does make sense to me to close down all business.

I believe in the story it's also told that most are out of business.

I do wonder if we should add a discount if the town is your personal nation. Or even ships for free or something like that....
Maybe that should wait untill I'm able to overhaul the economic system. then free ships would impact the economy so if you wants your town to do well you wouldn't use it.

Indeed I wouldn't recommend free ships for now.
Seems like a rather large exploit. But if it has an economic impact on your town, that does make sense.
Good idea, but not very high priority, I reckon.

@Levis sorry could you plz remind me what errors we talking about? I hadn't had time to play in a day or two.. will try today for whatever error you meant

@Levis sorry could you plz remind me what errors we talking about? I hadn't had time to play in a day or two.. will try today for whatever error you meant
"Buying ship without pressing ok" as per the thread title. ;)
Further details in your own words:
click on one of the ships there are for sale [...].. whether you click yes or no on purchase, the ship automatically is transfered to you[...]

Yes that one, I assume Levis' thread (Levis stuff 3.1) has the recent test fix for this issue for me to try out? since I see July 5th on the original update thread (Build 14 beta.....)

Great! After applying Levis' PROGRAM file .. the problem of shipyard no longer exists! on top of that I forgot to press F12 for applying the command, and still works fine! Nice work folks.

However a few errors, not sure what they are:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\shipyard.c; line: 2521
missed attribute: type
no rAP data
no rAP data
no rAP data

Attachments

• error.log
    447 bytes · Views: 98
Now after applying the execute console F12, still works fine except on error log there's a missed attribute:

no rAP data

The second log (no rAP data), which also is found on the previous post with the 447 byte file.. could be due to selling ship. In both instances I sold my 2 extra ships which I captured. On first case however, without executing the console.. when right clicking on the ship with a lot of goods on board, it took a long time to respond while the screen froze. On the 3rd ship it took much longer since I think there is gold and silver on it.

On the second case, with me executing the console F12.. the time for the screen freeze when right clicking on the other ships took much less (3-4 times less waiting time)

Attachments

• error.log
    149 bytes · Views: 85
Back