• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can AOP support raking fire?

DF5

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
The PotC been installed Built Mod could support "Raking Fire". While character's ship is a 90 degree angle with the enemy's ship, and aiming for the stern or bow, It has an additional damange. Of which code is in the AIShip.c. But in AOP, I can't find this function. Whatever the angle is, the damage is all the same. Can this game be add this function?I think it will make sea battles more interesting.

Last edited:
I don't think that is something that was in the vanilla game, and I don't think it ever got added to any of the mods. It was originally our plan to incorporate the Build Mod in to CoAS, but that didn't end up happening for many reasons. I won't get in to all of them here, but the biggest one is we decided to focus our efforts on Hearts of Oak.

I know there are a few people still working on some things for CoAS, but not near as many as there used to be. You are more than welcome to try and incorporate the code yourself, we would be more than happy to support you in your efforts.

Back