• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can i change player model and portarit or starting equipment?

Bjardok

Landlubber
Hey!

In GOF there are different characters to choose when you start a game, but not everyone has the same starting equipment. So i want a pretty bare start, where i dont have much and start at lvl 1. But i would like to use a different character model, or change the starting equipment to the character i want to play as. So is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

@ChezJfrey, do you know about this?

All I remember is something about a "HeroesDescribe.txt" somewhere in the RESOURCE\INI folder.
But does that have equipment listed in there as well?

@Bjardok
Yes, you find "HeroesDescribe.txt" in RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian, there you can switch and change the Hero-description, but no equipment. Perhaps you find something in character-folder, but so far I remember I always started a game with roundabout 3000 money, a simple sword and a lugger or so. Isn't it bare enough for you?
However, there is a file where you can change the ship, the load and something more, but unfortunately i don't remember the name and path. Perhaps somebody else can help out, otherwise you need some time to search.

Back