• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can mushket be turn on

marrbodude

Sailor Apprentice
I am having trouble getting the main char. to carry mushket. The two file i change
the offmushketer to onmushketer and the HeroDescribe file. But the mushket cannot
be carry or equip it.

It can carry the shotgun and the pistol but when he shoot its with his left hand.
Kill without touching.

Is there another file to be edited anyone know??

Thank :bow

This will be what your looking for then bud.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/unlock-mushket-for-equip-t14293.html

I all ready try that it didn't work. All i got was the game not starting or the black screen.
Thank for the reply.

How the testing going any black smoke from the destroy cannon rising up to the sky?

I all ready try that it didn't work. All i got was the game not starting or the black screen.
Thank for the reply.

How the testing going any black smoke from the destroy cannon rising up to the sky?

Oh well worth a try i guess, maybe Officerpuppy will know a little more about the files you might need to look into for the musket to work. :onya

Yep the testing is going well, smoke is rising into the sky from many cannons now so the fort battle is starting to look at it should, i've made a few more changes which i have yet to test but thats to make it so the forts don't do as much damage as they was able to do.

I tried to get this to work for COAS CM Patch 2 but I couldn't so I left it out.

The problem was once I made the changes in the hero describe file, for example:

Espinosa.gm

to

Espinosa_mush.gm

Upon starting a new game you would start at the deck of the ship with no weapons,then magically have a musket at the start of the tutorial. After the tutorial, if you try to unequip the musket, it won't let you, plus I think you can't use a sword either.

If you were to change the animations in the herodescribe, for example:

animation_3 {man}

to

animation_3 {mushketeer}

This solves a few issues but then creates others which I can't remember.

So for the moment, player used muskets seem to be broken. The only thing that occurs to me that may fix this is creating a new hero class, musketeer. This class would come with a musket already equipped as standard equipment. I would think doing this would allow the unequipping of the musket, I don't know. Furthermore, we would need the created of a new hero dedicated to muskets. For example having two copies of the same hero, like Diego for example, a standard and musket version.

Lastly, even if this were to work, there is the possibility you won't be able to use swords if the musket can not be unequipped.

That what i did i change the two line in hero describe.

heroModel_2 {Resc_0_mush,Resc_1_mush,Resc_2_mush,Resc_3_mush,Resc_4_mush}
animation_2 {mushketeer}
And when i start a new game i get the black screen with the date in the top right corner.
I can press F2 and go to f2 menu but i cannot get the tutorial screen to start the game.

I can start a new game Couldwith another hero no problem. Could the extra box i put
in the item box for the mushket be the problem?? :shrug

Thats sounds like a problem with the hero who you gave the musket to. If you can start a game with a hero without the musket then i would say check the line of code for the hero with the musket and make sure there are no errors there. :onya

Basically if your a musketeer that is all you are and if your not you cant be a musketeer...

The only way I can think of fixing this would be to check to see if musket is equiped, if so make animation musketeer if not default animation :shrug

Thank matey all your reply was helpful.

Well i didn't change anything since last night. I'll fire up the game this
morning the game started went right to the deck i don't know how it fix itself
must be god work. :shrug

I run the game on window 7 i guess its don't like game.Because ever time i start the
game or any game i get a message box "PLEASE INSERT ORIGINAL DVD".

One dumb question if i may how do you fire the mushket??

I find that if you use the animation {mushketer} you can only equip the spyglass and
mushket that all.

With the {man} animation you can equip pistol.sword,spyglass,chestplate no mushket.
I wonder how it was done in the ru. mod where it can equip ever thing. :mm

I've read that a Russian mod modded the interface and gave the musket it's own slot so you don't have the problem of not being able to equip a sword and what not. But I've only read about it, whether it's true or not, I don't know. And if it is true, I don't think anyone here knows the link to the mod so some of our modders can look at it and try to implement it into our version of COAS.

I've read that a Russian mod modded the interface and gave the musket it's own slot so you don't have the problem of not being able to equip a sword and what not. But I've only read about it, whether it's true or not, I don't know. And if it is true, I don't think anyone here knows the link to the mod so some of our modders can look at it and try to implement it into our version of COAS.

That where i got the idea from. I added a slot in the items interface for the
mushket. But i can't get the mushket into the slot. I must be missing a code somewhere. :shrug

To add an mushket slot add the following.
1- Open "RESOURCE" and click "INI" and click "INTERFACE" and open "ITEM" file.
2- Look for: "item = FRAME,SETUP_FRAME"
3- Add this line: "item = 403,PICTURE,ITEM_5 Should look like this below.
item = FRAME,SETUP_FRAME
item = 400,PICTURE,ITEM_1
item = 400,PICTURE,ITEM_2
item = 400,PICTURE,ITEM_3
item = 403,PICTURE,ITEM_4
item = 403,PICTURE,ITEM_5
item = 402,PICTURE,SETUP_BIG_PICTURE

4- Scroll down the page till you come to this: [SCROLL_ITEMS] you will see this
[ITEM_1]
position = 718,240,778,300
textureName = interfaces\empty_spyglass.tga
bShowGlowCursor = 0

[ITEM_2]
position = 578,203,638,263
bShowGlowCursor = 0

[ITEM_3]
position = 547,298,607,358
bShowGlowCursor = 0

[ITEM_4]
position = 650,174,710,234
bShowGlowCursor = 0

[ITEM_5]
position = 725,110,785,170
bShowGlowCursor = 0

Add [ITEM_5] to the list and now you have the mushket slot. Like i said i got the slot but cannot get the mushket
to equip when i have the other item equip.
There must be a code somewhere to be added which I'm no good at.
To get the mushket to fire do you need to add a firing key to the keybroad? :shrug

Before an interface really functions, i think you also need to look in the INTERFACE folder from Age of Pirates 2. The INI file is just to place the pictures as *eyecandy*, the functionality is in the .c files.

English-Russian

That mod has the musket some what working, I've been looking at the files for the better part of two hours, but there are just too many files for me to pinpoint what's needed. So far I've gotten the new icon in the inventory to show, but it doesn't work. I've also got the musket to be equipped and unequipped when using the musketeer animation, but that really doesn't solve anything since you can't use a sword with that animation set.

Not to mention they some how added gun powder in addition to just using bullets so even if I did figure out how to get half the stuff working, I then have to figure out how they manged to link the gun powder to bullets. :shrug

I even placed the their INI folder into my COAS game and I still couldn't get the musket to work, I'm running out of ideas. :mm

Update:

I am considering making a dedicated hero and class just for the musket. Mind you this would make for a very hard game since you can't use a sword and the musket is very weak when it comes to physically hitting another NPC.

Both ru. mod 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 verison its both missing the program folder its
only have the resource folder. Nowhere in it is the code for firing the mushket
or equip it. Its must be in the program folder. :mm

I look in the program folder nowhere in it is the code for equip or firing it.
I'm running the U.S. english ver. of coas.

Oh yes please do make a new hero and class for mushket it will make the game more
fun for me anyway. The hero now they swing the sword like a girl. :cheeky

The Russian version doesnt have an open PROGRAM folder... All code files are located in PROGRAM and RESOURCE/INI... Therefore Russian mods DONT have the PROGRAM folder

If they did, then that would be the whole game in a mod xD:

Well, I tried making a dedicated hero and class, but the game just doesn't like the musket, I kept getting some weird visual errors and sometimes no weapons at all.

In Russia to get access to the PROGRAM folder you actually have to pay for it (Im quite sure), so you have to be a keen modder in Russia to do it...

The only way I can see it working is by somehow trying to do how I suggested

Its work but its not pretty. I got it working the old POTC way. Its equip the
mushket to the belt and fire like a pistol. But as least it shoot. This is
with the {man} animation.

With the {mushketeer} animation it carry the mushket like he should. But i cannot
get it to shoot. I can not find the code that dose that. Dose anyone know where
i can find the code.

Back