• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can´t Sail Forward and other Bugs

FaxMate

Sailor Apprentice
Hello Mates,

as I wrote in the title, I can´t sail forward when I´m on sea, it works when I´m on the map and 'sail to' works too. I just can´t sail forward anymore, what I can do is turn the ship left or right. or change the sails. I tried to switch the sailing mode but nothing happened.

I got another issue, I can´t go to the map anymore, and if I use the sail to command it shows that sailing to this ship/bay whatever took -5461 (or sth) seconds.

I had to start from the beginning the thir time now. At first it was a bug with the quest at the Bridgetown mines where the office in the house at the mines has a locked house and nobody would speak to me.

The second time I can´t recall but it was another story related thing and now this. I´m out of ideas.

Oh and since there are more stories it was always the original storyline of Nathaniel Hawk.

Hello @FaxMate , you might want to upload your .log files for people to further and better review your problem. tempsnip.png <---------These files. Upload them right after you've experienced the issues you're having so right after you exit the game. Also, if you see a file on that folder that says "error", upload that as well. Those files mention what version your game is, things that happened during the game, etc.

Also, try deleting the file that's called "options". tempsnip2.png <------This one. That file does all kinds of weirdness to the game after a lot of time put into it. Don't worry, it will create a new one when you play the game again. So it kinda refreshes the game sort of. Also, have you tweaked any files of the game? If not, and the 'option file trick' doesn't work, try reinstalling it. Other than that, I don't have any more advise for you without those files I asked you to upload.

Hey, thank you for your answer I will upload these, hopefully I can sail again, I will delete the option file as you said. Oh and just FYI, I remembered, the second time it wasn´t story related, I got one of the aztec coins, brought it back and was still stuck at 20 hp nothing else of the curse remained just the 20 hp even after level up.

Oh I forgot to tell you one major thing I personally think the sailing bug even appeared. I encountered the Black Pearl at Martinique, I think since then I can´t sail properly anymore

Attachments

• compile.log
    154.8 KB · Views: 121
  • error.log
    11.1 KB · Views: 113
  • system.log
    17 KB · Views: 108
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 118
You currently have a very old version of the game. Download the latest one here and follow the instructions on how to do it. If you have the same archive file/part2, you can just download the updated part 1 and choose updates only during installation. Many fixes have been made since the version that you currently have. Also get that extra fix archive by Grey Roger. Just extract that to you main game directory after you update your game. Your current save might not be compatible with the update so a new game is strongly advised.

EDIT: Also, delete that "option" file again after you've updated your game.

If you update the game, your current save definitely won't work and a new game will not merely be strongly advised, it will be compulsory - the new version won't recognise savegames from the April 2016 version.

When you've re-installed the game, run it, go to the Options menu, set everything up the way you want it, then quit. Make a copy of the "options" file. This is a clean "options" file with all your settings. Copy it to somewhere safe. After that, if the game starts showing unexplained weirdness, or just to clean the file on general principle, delete "options" and copy that copy back into place. That saves having to change all your settings every time you delete "options".

Oh well, I didn´t know that it´s an old version, also the file you directed me to was the same that I had before. But anyways I will try your solutions out. Thank you in advance guys!

Part 2, "Contents Archive File", is probably the same one you already had. Part 1, "Installation Wizard", certainly is not! Your game dates back to April 2016, while Part 1 is from May 2018. There are also a year's worth of updates in the "Extra Fix Archive", including some bug-fixes for the "Tales of a Sea Hawk" storyline.

Oh ok thanks for the heads-up. I just saw that if you download the mod from ModDB and click on the "Mirrors" the added download links you get a second .exe instead of the Contents Archive File which says b14 beta 4 installer or somewhat maybe thats an old version.

Back