• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can you give me the link to build 14 beta 1? I want to play the old version.:(

barbossapirates

Landlubber

Attachments

• black_pearl.jpg
    black_pearl.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 85
Is there a difference between that Black Pearl and the one in the current install? Certainly the current one has all the features listed there - cabin interior visible from outside, extra detail, and no "reverse lighting" bug. One difference in the newest version of Black Pearl is the addition of a couple of ropes which should be present on the older version as well and are missing because of faulty locators, now corrected.

The oldest version of Build 14 which I can find is Build 14 Beta 3:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/b14_beta3_installer.exe
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/b14_beta3_full.7z

I have vague memories of Beta 3 because it was the first version of Build 14 which I downloaded. It was horribly bugged compared to today's version, and the reason I waited until Beta 3 was because the forum was full of bug reports for earlier versions, so I stuck with Build 13 for some time.

It should be possible to install Beta 3 to a different folder - you can install as many versions of PoTC as you like, limited only by the amount of free space on your hard drive. You could then copy the old versions of the "BlackPearl", "CursedPearl" and "UncursedPearl" from Beta 3 to Beta 4 - you'll find them in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships". You would then have all the improvements from Beta 4 plus the old versions of the Black Pearl from Beta 3.

What is the difference between the Beta 1 and Beta 3 versions of the Black Pearl?

Build 13 is not Build 14 Beta 3. But that Build 13 must have some additional mod because as I recall, Build 13 used the stock game model of the "Black Pearl" (now known in Build 14 as "Lineship1") and did not have the "Interceptor".

The only difference I can see between the Black Pearl in the "POTC MOD Build 14 BLACK PEARL" video and the one now in the game is that the one in the video has longer flagpoles. But it's not making much use of them, the flag being small enough to easily fit onto the current model.

If you can ever find Beta 1, I'd be interested to get it too. That video shows a couple of other ships not currently in Build 14 which I wouldn't mind getting back.

Last edited:
Yes, the Black Pearl in Beta 4.1 is very similar to the Beta 1 version. ;)

That really is as close as we can get to the picture you're showing of the Beta 1 Black Pearl. We don't have Beta 1. The earliest version of Build 14 we have is Beta 3, and the Black Pearl there is the same as the one in Beta 4.1 apart from having some missing ropes due to faulty locators.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have a look at Alpha 9 to see if there are any ships worth resurrecting into Build 14.

Back