• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannon amunition damage

satan060668

Landlubber
Hello.
where do i find the file to edit cannnon amunition damage.
i have just spent a hour fighting and used all ammo that i had and hardly done any damage to the other ship. i have the combined mod installed.

(surely these cant be right)

Cannon ball damage
Hull:- 8.00 Sails:- 0.10 Crew:- 0.07

Grape
Hull:- 0.05 Sails:- 0.03 Crew:- 0.20

Chain
Hull:- 0.60 Sails:- 0.90 Crew:- 0.10

Exploding shot
Hull:- 6.00 Sails:- 0.10 Crew:- 0.05

I know battles wasn't won in Minute's and i only had 4 pound cannons and the ship was smaller then mine.

Any help would be most gratefull.
Thank you.

its not the ammunition thats the problem, its the cannons. It is almost impossible to win a battle with 4lb cannons. Upgrade to bigger cannons (or better yet commondeer a ship with bigger cannons) and you shouldn't have any problems

Also apart from as FB said increasing the calibure you have mounted, try to build your skills up or hire officer's with good gunnery stats because they will make a huge difference in the end.

yeah for example god of death

the lighter calibre guns are added for realism; most pirate ships were small, fast vessels with smaller carronades used to pepper the assaulted crew once before boarding, if they hadnt surrendered outright.

Back