• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cannon Damage (Alternative fix)

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
If you think that Age of pirates 2: CoAS ship battles is really slow to get to an end, you can download the file fix, which the cannons are 20x more stronger and now the battles are balanced. Easy instalation:

Go to Computer>C>Programs and files>Playlogic>Age of pirates 2>Program>Cannons and then replace the Cannons_init.
Start a new game and voila! To check if it is fixed just go to the ships tab and the last icon on the main bar shows your cannon Ibs, press the right mouse button on that tab and you can see the damage rate.

NOTE: Only works with Gentleman of fortune v1.2
:pflag
Alternative Link http://www.mediafire.com/?d3a94ajj6l4u377

Attachments

• Cannons_init.c
    18.4 KB · Views: 240
Doesn't require a new game, you can use the reinit function to update your game to the new value's.

A quick note though, you say balanced, how exactly are these new value's balanced?

As you rank up your characters skills will increase for example, this means his/her abaility to deliver devistating volley's of each shot type is much higher. With these settings for early game it will be just as deadly, but in this case its means it takes only a single shot hitting a ship and not a few shots from each volley. Late game you will sink ships with a single volley of balls or bombs, i understand personal edits but i would say test your changes out with a fully maxed out character and make adjustments from there afterwards. Also you have taken the option for either realistic or and COAS default away, so you are forcing people to use your own settings. As i found out, that is a big no no. Some people like the slow more realistic naval battles, some like the COAS default settings and others like the naval battles to be a little bit quicker than COAS default. Yours though are much quicker, like i said in your edits a single shot from a volley will do just as much if not more damage than a few few shots from a single volley using COAS default on stock GOF 1.2 Cannons_init file.

Depending of your ship rate and cannon caliber, and i didnt changed anyother setings, only the damage rate, thats all and it will not destroy the entire ship only in one round, it takes time to sink it

GoF me to dislike the slow destruction of a particular ship, so I enjoy the COAS vanilla. I personally think that the COAS vanille battles are just balanced, I think, in terms of the duration of the battles. But in GoF I seemed too exaggerated and I think they were terribly long and it makes me very tired.
This fix provides about the duration of the battle as the COAS vanille? If so, fetching immediately GoF :) or it can be at least something closer to the COAS?

"Balanced" is a VERY subjective term as you are using it. GOF is much more historically balanced. In reality most wooden ships were not sunk in battle. That shows just how tough they were. Battles could sometimes last for days, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Days'_Battle

What we were attempting to do in RTBL and GOF was to achieve a REALISTIC "balance". So you have to fight for a long time. Some of us really enjoy that. If you don't, that's why we added a toggle in the mod options to quickly change it back to stock vanilla COAS values (which allow you to sink a ship with a single broadside when you level up a little) or the option "In-Between"

I really like the "IN-BETWEEN" option and often set my game to that if I don't want to fight for as long a time.

It all depends on your attention span I guess. If you're a kid and want instant results then the vanilla effects are great......

BUT I wouldn't really describe them as "balanced". They are skewed dramatically for instant gratification - like the effects in the new Assassin's Creed game where you can blow up a ship into a firey inferno with a SINGLE SHOT. Not really that balanced I think. :rolleyes:

MK

I personally think that the COAS vanille battles are just balanced, I think, in terms of the duration of the battles.

They're too short for me. Refer to the above post. Keep in mind that the planking that was usually destroyed was of relatively minor structural importance, and much of the damage occurred above the waterline, where no water could leak in. It was much more common to surrender than to let your vessel take enough of a beating to sink.

Sorry, but that's an insult, I'm a child, just because I battle seem too long? Sorry, Porec would be a child? I can tell you about myself, because in GoF is unrealistic shooting guns, I mean projectile ballistic curve, I put here the video.

I understand the attitude to historical accuracy, but it seems to me that the battles are long enough, but it's about the fact that I've played more than COAS vanilla with modifications. So about that. So try GoF play as and see if you get used to.

Sorry, but that's an insult, I'm a child, just because I battle seem too long? Sorry, Porec would be a child? I can tell you about myself, because in GoF is unrealistic shooting guns, I mean projectile ballistic curve, I put here the video.

I understand the attitude to historical accuracy, but it seems to me that the battles are long enough, but it's about the fact that I've played more than COAS vanilla with modifications. So about that. So try GoF play as and see if you get used to.
Actually it only makes all cannons stronger and the battles finally gets to an end, idk it is always like CoAS Vanilla, im not sure, but I dont think that it is a historical condition only depending of huge battleships. You could try these files for your self and see if the battles are "fast or slow" and you could warn me, if the battles are too fast Ill just change the values again

"Balanced" is a VERY subjective term as you are using it. GOF is much more historically balanced. In reality most wooden ships were not sunk in battle. That shows just how tough they were. Battles could sometimes last for days, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Days'_Battle

What we were attempting to do in RTBL and GOF was to achieve a REALISTIC "balance". So you have to fight for a long time. Some of us really enjoy that. If you don't, that's why we added a toggle in the mod options to quickly change it back to stock vanilla COAS values (which allow you to sink a ship with a single broadside when you level up a little) or the option "In-Between"

I really like the "IN-BETWEEN" option and often set my game to that if I don't want to fight for as long a time.

It all depends on your attention span I guess. If you're a kid and want instant results then the vanilla effects are great......

BUT I wouldn't really describe them as "balanced". They are skewed dramatically for instant gratification - like the effects in the new Assassin's Creed game where you can blow up a ship into a firey inferno with a SINGLE SHOT. Not really that balanced I think. :rolleyes:

MK
The only problem is that we cant have 56 ships and i couldnt change the settings cuz when i restart the game or start a new game it just changes to the normal mode, what i had to do its to change on the H or C (dont recal which now ) file

I change mod options mid game all the time without problems. :shrug WHen you start your game you can set it to COAS default in the mod options right from the start.

MK

Back