• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannon problems

Navegador

Sailor Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I don't know if I should post this here or on the tips gameplay section, so please forgive me.

Anyway, I've been having many ploblems with cannons that get damaged and I'm incapable of reparing them or instaling new ones.

Recently this hapened with a ship I really like (gave her a 2000000 Bermuda special) and I was wondering if any one knows a way to go around this problem?

I played a bit with it, sold all guns and both new ones, didn't work, tried buing colverins, didn't work either, it seems that the slots of the guns are the problem, not the guns them selfs.

Many thanks

Navegador,

This has been an ongoing problem for a while. Luke159, myself and others have spent a lot of time trying to fix it. CMV3.1.5 still has the bug in limitted occurrence. Not all ships have the problem. I can tell you that Luke believes he's fixed it in the CMV3.2 testing.

Here's what I do. Because the bug also causes your cargo hold to fill up with cannons, I wait until I'm ready to anchor at a port. In the harbor in 3rd person sailing mode with the anchor symbol displayed, I go to the cannon tab and push the bottom field that allows you to select the cannons you want to dismantle/ remove or replace. I remove all guns.

Then I push the field again and replace all guns. This will cause the quantity to double that you have in your hold which is kind of a cheat. I then press it once more time so that I get a total battery of guns. You will now at this point have way more guns than your ship can hold in the cargo hold. If you go back to third person sailing mode you will see the guns reloading.

You will also notice that you still have some red disabled guns still showing on the compass rose. Don't worry, you will also notice that you have even amounts on either side and it's no more than 2 or 3 guns on each side that are red. This is part of the bug, because you do indeed at this point have all guns working. I've tested this over and over again, and I know all guns still fire and you do have a full battery of guns in action.

Now you just need to go to the shipyard and sell the excess guns. If you think it's unfair that you have all the extra cash and don't want to cheat, go give it to the church or let the barmaid steal half your money when you take her up to your room. There are numerous ways to get rid of the cash and it's so easy to make money anyway.

Anyhow, that's my half ass work around at this point. :shrug

MK

modernknight1,

Thank you for the tip, I'll try it, still this situation seems a bit different.

My ship is the Pearl, when I go to the diagram with the cannon layout I see that the two guns in the front and back are at zero even when they have guns and the 32 number of guns seems to be only the side batteries.

In my corrent problem the two foward and back guns are red even though I have the 32 guns instaled, I can replace all of the side guns, but never the front or back ones and in the diagram from the begining of the game I could not see any guns there, they where and are at zero.

I'll try your tip and report back. :onya

Well I tried it,

Did the full removel and full instal in the cannon tab on the ship page, then tried instaling one at a time until the full number of guns was reached, when I reach 32 cannons I'm still missing four guns, two front and two back, showed as red.

Then tried firing them in sea fights and fort action and the two foward and back one don't fire.

Again it seems strange that from the begining when I had all guns functioning, in the diagram the frontal and back guns where there working but showed zero values/quantities.

Again it seems strange that from the begining when I had all guns functioning, in the diagram the frontal and back guns where there working but showed zero values/quantities.

One thing to note is that not all ships have functioning forward guns anyway. The rear gun problem is a new one on me. Please go to the bug tracker link and post this discussion particularly focusing on the front and rear gun issue.

Has anyone else had this problem with their aft cannons? :shrug

MK

One thing to note is that not all ships have functioning forward guns anyway. The rear gun problem is a new one on me. Please go to the bug tracker link and post this discussion particularly focusing on the front and rear gun issue.

Has anyone else had this problem with their aft cannons? :shrug

MK

Okay will do, and thank you for your help

I know, some ships I've used didn't have foward guns, like the Greyhound I beleave, but the Black Pearl as them and I remember using them before this problem came along.

Navegador,

Here's what I do. Because the bug also causes your cargo hold to fill up with cannons, I wait until I'm ready to anchor at a port. In the harbor in 3rd person sailing mode with the anchor symbol displayed, I go to the cannon tab and push the bottom field that allows you to select the cannons you want to dismantle/ remove or replace. I remove all guns.

Then I push the field again and replace all guns. This will cause the quantity to double that you have in your hold which is kind of a cheat. I then press it once more time so that I get a total battery of guns. You will now at this point have way more guns than your ship can hold in the cargo hold. If you go back to third person sailing mode you will see the guns reloading.

You will also notice that you still have some red disabled guns still showing on the compass rose. Don't worry, you will also notice that you have even amounts on either side and it's no more than 2 or 3 guns on each side that are red. This is part of the bug, because you do indeed at this point have all guns working. I've tested this over and over again, and I know all guns still fire and you do have a full battery of guns in action.

Thank You !!! :onya

I can tolerate game crashes and bug here and there but not being able to fix and replace cannons was driving me mad, lol.
You guys are doing GREAT job with mods and fixes so i can't wait for 3.2 version to get out.

P.S. Patch 3.2 fixes cannon bug in ships yes ? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, we can fully confirm as to yet we have found only one ship with the cannon bug and that has been fixed, we are still working on CMV3.2 but its got many fixes. :onya

Back