• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Cannot draw my sword at the Philipsburg port

Kara Korsan

Sailor
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, though it sure looks like one. The game simply won't let anyone start a fight in the port area at all. Complete with the "This is not a good idea" message and everything. Was good for the first few visits; I fought off a few French raiding parties and such. Now, for some reason, even if I talk to the officer and summon the French soldiers, no one will draw their sword and start fighting. The soldiers stand there like idiots, civilians gather around them, but no blood. The town interior works with no problems; it's just the port.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I added the line to the console.c file, fired up the game, loaded my save, sailed to Philipsburg, tried to draw my sword to no avail, pressed F12, saw the "Executed console" message, drew my sword, sheathed it back, muttered "Thanks, Pieter Boelen," saved my game and removed the line from the file. Hope I didn't break anything in the process.

Thanks once more. If it happens again, I'll try to find out what's causing this.

Back