• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cannot Hoist/Lower Sails

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
My game has become broken. I can not raise or lower the sails. I deleted the options folder and looked in defaultcontrols.h but I can not raise or lower the sails. All other controls work properly.

The game also thinks I am Spanish as it always gives me that flag now.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.7z
    542.2 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for that save! Confirmed and fixed.

In PROGRAM\SEA_AI\sea.c find:
Code:
  for (c = 0; c <= GetCompanionQuantity(rPlayer); c++) {
     rCharacter = GetCharacter(GetCompanionIndex(rPlayer, sti(c)));
     DeleteAttribute(rCharacter, "Ship.Sink");       // PB: To make sure this is gone
   }
Replace with:
Code:
  for (c = 0; c <= GetCompanionQuantity(rPlayer); c++) {
     rCharacter = GetCharacter(GetCompanionIndex(rPlayer, sti(c)));
     DeleteAttribute(rCharacter, "Ship.Sink");       // PB: To make sure this is gone
     DeleteAttribute(rCharacter, "Ship.Sails.Delay");   // PB: To make sure this is gone
   }
This allows me to set sail properly. Also flag changes seem to be working for me.

Thanks. It should be noted that this was a game problem only. I started another game and the sails worked normally.

This problem would probably be triggered if you anchor just after hoisting/lowering your sails on Realistic Game Mode.
That is when a delay is started and if it does not get to execute, then you are stuck with an active delay next time you go to sea too.
But since the timer is then no longer active, you end up stuck as you experienced.

Those circumstances would be pretty unlikely, but you have proven that they can indeed happen.
I'm glad you found this. Better to prevent this issue altogether. :cheeky

Back