• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot hold enemy officers for ransom (Build 14 Beta 1)

vaustein

Powder Monkey
Following successful boarding of an enemy vessel, enemy officers cannot be captured. They can only be killed, hired, or released.

In other words, the parley dialog no longer offers the "Enough, throw him in the brig" option. Consequently, the player can take the gold but must hire or release the enemy officer, or kill the enemy officer along with the entire enemy crew.

Actually it does work still but there are several factors that are taken into account to have the option available

I do think this thing could use clearing up, simplifying and logi-fying.

I do think this thing could use clearing up, simplifying and logi-fying.

You're right. I've been able to capture several officers since my original post. :onya
Here's a possibly-related issue. Captured officers cannot be ransomed. They can be dueled, murdered, or released at a port of their nation, but cannot be ransomed for money. Why not?

Just for Info - I have had only 1 captured captain in my hold who could be ransomed - throughout my entire beta testing of the standard storyline. Didn't notice anything special except that he had very low stats compared to mine. :shrug

To check what actually factors into this, have a look at the relevant code in:
PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Prisoned_dialog.c - I think that's the correct file.

what are those condition to ransom a captain? i got a few french captain in my hold, but i cant make the ransom option apear

Back