• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

cannot start pirates of the caribean

gdcaza

Powder Monkey
installed ok, game starts up, click `new game` screen disapears, am back to desktop, game not running in task manager, am running xp, 128mb graphics card, 6ghz dual processors (3ghz each) 2000mb ram, 250gb HD, downloaded & installed 12 & 13 mod, still the same, are there any older mod`s that might fix this or a patch (could find any patches on web, although I 1st got this when released & seem to remember problems with it then & downloaded patch that seemed to fix that problem) ? done tool reports, one said engine.ini not found, another said engine.exe not found, one said error cargo overup, another said buildings setting not found, help ! any suggestions welcome

Please install the original game again with no mods, then enable error logging.
Start the game and once it crashes, have a look at the compile.log, system.log and possible error.log file.
Post the contents of those files here and hopefully we'll be able to figure out why it crashes.

Did the game work on that computer before? What kind of graphics card do you have?

Please install the original game again with no mods, then enable error logging.
Start the game and once it crashes, have a look at the compile.log, system.log and possible error.log file.
Post the contents of those files here and hopefully we'll be able to figure out why it crashes.

Did the game work on that computer before? What kind of graphics card do you have?

Thanks for getting back to me, worked on my old computer, 1st time I tried on this one how do I enable `error logging`? not sure what graphics card (pci express), hope to be getting 512mb one soon.

Try to find out what type it is. More specifically, is it an Intel Onboard one or not?
Here's some reasons for the game not working that we have found in the past:
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- Sometimes if you have Nero Burning ROM installed (get a "debugger" error message)
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

Try to find out what type it is. More specifically, is it an Intel Onboard one or not?
Here's some reasons for the game not working that we have found in the past:
The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering - more info]
- Sometimes if you have Nero Burning ROM installed (get a "debugger" error message)
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

Yes believe it is an intel one

Back