• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Cannot Transfer Captured Crew to Companion Vessels through Ransack Interface

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
When taking goods / cannons crew etc from a captured ship, you can only take crew onto your own ship - not onto companion ships.

There is no errors I can see relating to this and you cannot save.

When taking goods / cannons crew etc from a captured ship, you can only take crew onto your own ship - not onto companion ships.
You mean a situation where there are still crew on the captured ship that you are about to sink, but cannot fit onto your own ship anymore?
But there IS still space on a companion ship somewhere?

If so, that technically is "Not a Bug" because no such feature ever existed.
You CAN transfer between the player and companion ships; but not while you're plundering a ship you just captured through boarding.
Has to be done completely separately from the "ransacking", I'm afraid....

Or am I misunderstanding you here?

Hi Pieter,
You are understanding me correctly. I did think that this was available previously though??? Maybe wishful thinking.

Hmmm...this does make me think, wouldn't it be nice if you could use surplus cargospace to have extra crew on board (for a short while) so you don't have to abandon a ship with a lot of crew.

We'll have to see how it goes. No high priority, since everybody who did comment on it seemed have all sorts of "not realistic enough" concerns.
That is where I stopped caring for the time being. :whipa

Back