• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Canonns Not Firing

chrys1989

Powder Monkey
Ok I have the Constitution frigate and i have 56 guns , but the 2 front guns dont want to fire , it just happend , the worked before , and then suddenly stoped , and when I go to the ship screen were you clik cannons it sais NO CANNONS but in the diagram they are all instaled and the others work just the 2 in front dont, they dont even reload they just stay dark green 'unloaded'' and dont fire , its realy annoying coz i have upgraded the ship to max and i love it ,i realy dont want to change it, can somebody help me.

Thats a strange one, this will ahev to be tested before it can be understood,

Did the either of the guns on the bow get destroyed at any time and you had to replace them?
How long after you increased the calibure to a better one did it take before those guns stopped working?
Which calibure do you have mounted?
Can you remove those two guns when unmounting all guns?

Thats a strange one, this will ahev to be tested before it can be understood,

Did the either of the guns on the bow get destroyed at any time and you had to replace them?
How long after you increased the calibure to a better one did it take before those guns stopped working?
Which calibure do you have mounted?
Can you remove those two guns when unmounting all guns?

No they never got destroyed, i never replaced them.
Im not sure how long but they worked for a couple of battles ,then they just didnt reload anymore.
I have 56 ,calibure 36 cannons.
Yes i can remove them , and put them back but they still dont work.

And i just found that if i put a lower calibure it dosent say NO CANNONS anymore.But i would prefer not to fire 2 front guns instead of useing lower calibure guns.

I just cheked the gun locators and the Constitution isn't ment to have any chase guns, she's ment to have 26 guns on each side and 2 aft guns giving her a total of 54 not 56. This has been fixed for the next mod, if you go into Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships == Ships_init and press F3 to open a search box. Enter Constitution into it and press enter, you should be on the ships info now. Look for the following entery for the Constitution.

Code:
	refShip.CannonsQuantity 			= 56;
refShip.rcannon 							= 26;
refShip.lcannon 							= 26;
refShip.fcannon 							= 2;
refShip.bcannon 							= 2;

Change that to.
Code:
	refShip.CannonsQuantity 			= 54;
refShip.fcannon 							= 0;

Save and exit the file, now load COAS and your saved game and use the reinit button to update the ship. If you or a companion has the Constitution then those ships will not be updated but all Constitutions generated at sea and in shipyards will be. Thanks again for reporting this, its another bug fixed now. :dance

I just cheked the gun locators and the Constitution isn't ment to have any chase guns, she's ment to have 26 guns on each side and 2 aft guns giving her a total of 54 not 56. This has been fixed for the next mod, if you go into Age of Pirates 2\Program\Ships == Ships_init and press F3 to open a search box. Enter Constitution into it and press enter, you should be on the ships info now. Look for the following entery for the Constitution.

Code:
	refShip.CannonsQuantity 			= 56;
refShip.fcannon 							= 2;

Change that to.
Code:
	refShip.CannonsQuantity 			= 54;
refShip.fcannon 							= 0;

Save and exit the file, now load COAS and your saved game and use the reinit button to update the ship. If you or a companion has the Constitution then those ships will not be updated but all Constitutions generated at sea and in shipyards will be. Thanks again for reporting this, its another bug fixed now. :dance

ok thanks for the relpy, i guess il have to live without the chase guns :p

Back