• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't find Brock at Speightstown?!

Flinksword

Landlubber
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum.
I love the build mod, I started playing it a few weeks ago. I'm currently playing Hoist the Colors and now I'm stuck. (Helped Shaypen at Gray Rock Bay)
I was at the point when I was told to sail to Turks. There I talked to Thomas Tipman which told me to go back to Speightstown cause Brock never left the town and is still there.
So I sailed back an looked in every house for him, as it said in the Walkthrough, but I can't find his "secret room". In that one house with the stairs up there's the Townhall symbol at the entrance, but there's never anyone in there.
Have I done anything wrong, is it a bug or am I just to stupid to find Brock? xD

Hope you can help me, thank you.
Flinksword

Sailing to Turks is a trap. :yes

The house with the townhall symbol is the right place. :yes

Sometimes sailing back to Speightstown from Turks and going to the house works - most times it does not :facepalm

Best way forward - use a save before you sailed to Turks ( a save from before you went to the shipyard in Speightstown & Shaypen said sail to Turks ) - and go straight to the house - Brock & the Brin girls should then be there :yes

Don't go to the shipyard in Speightstown :no

:cheers

Hi Talisman, thanks for your advice.
I'm afraid I don't have such a savegame right now ... so what should I do? Sailing to Turks and back again?
(But if it doesn't work most times ...), any other possibility?

Only option is to go back to the save you have that is closest to the point before you started to look for Brock in Speightstown.

Sorry :shrug

No I meant, I have no savegame before I sailed to Turks. I saved often, but I didn't make different save slots, as I didn't knew something like this could happen.
Should I try sailing to Turks and back again or is it hopeless? Woudl be quite stupid as I spent quite a while playing Jackie and got quite some good ships, money and items so far.

If you have a save game after talking to Thomas Tipman in Turks Tavern but before you return to Speightstown - use that and sail back to Speightstown.

On Speightstown jetty Shaypen should talk to you the same as the 1st time ( meet in Shipyard etc ) Just go straight to room - & see if Brock and Brin girls are there - Brock should walk up and talk to you as soon as you enter.

If that does not work use the save before that and see what happens.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it does not - so it is worth a try.

:drunk

So now I sailed to Turks and talked to Tomas Tipman again. He told me the thing with Brock and it said there was something new in the Quest Book. It said something like "I went in a trap, Brock is still on Barbados, we have to go back to find him."
I was so glad that this occured and thought it would work now, so I sailed back to Barbados and went straight to the room, but nobody was in there -_-
I thought, alright, you said sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, so I went to Turks again and wanted to talk to Tomas, but he only said "I got me ear on the ground, Captain" or sth like that.
I'm really desperate, I spent so much time for this ... I only used the Quick Save, I took the item of that monk (how was I supposed to know that this would cause me not being able to save normally?!) so I only could quick save ...
Is there any other way to continue?

If going back to Tipman did not work then I think you are stuck - Sorry :(

It looks like you may have to start again.

Avoid the Monks - :yes - if you talk to them just give them the 100 gold - If they have made you stuck on saving ( you took the item ) then you have to give it back to one of the other monks to be able to save again. - I don't think it matters which one - just not the one you got it from

You can find the Monks - in Speightstown Barbados, outside Pirate Settlement Nevis, in the jungle between San Juan, Puerto Rico & the beach on Puerto Rico ( forget its name) - there is only one beach on Puerto Rico and single path between San Juan and beach - going from town monk is on bit of path along cliff edge before rope - bridge , ( beware bandits ) I am sure there are monks in other places but I can't remember where at the moment. :mm

Advice: what I do is save often ( usually before setting sail anywhere & when I land anywhere - plus after I have just done anything I don't want to have to do again eg fight lots of bandits) - the game allows 40 saves in the save folder- when that is nearly full I move all the saves there into another archive folder I have set up outside the game then If things go wrong ( Build 14 is still a Beta & has bugs ) I hopefully don' t have to start again from beginning - though sometimes I still have to if I don't notice the problem until it is too late :modding :modding :rofl

ADVICE

Me too. I save every time I hit a pier and often when in the jungle. I've started saving before renting a room at the taverns also. I use all 42 saves every day. :cheers

Well, then I'm afraid I have to start again, this time I won't talk to that damn monk xD But I don't really get the sence behind this, what are these "holy relics" there for, and why can't I save with them? That's really confusing xD

I got another question, I'd ask it here before opening a whole new topic. I give a lot about feeling, story and such, so I would like to know when in the story would be correct point of time to change from the young Jack outfit to his classic older Jack pirate outfit? I always wasn't sure about that.
Anyways, thank you for all your nice answers and friendly support, that's great in a forum like this one.
By the way, I hope my English is understandable, I'm only 16 and no native English speaker ^^

By the way, I hope my English is understandable, I'm only 16 and no native English speaker ^^

Your English is very good. :yes

But I don't really get the sence behind this, what are these "holy relics" there for, and why can't I save with them? That's really confusing xD

I think they are a deliberate trap - they were added in a mod before Build 13 - so they have been there for ages.

I got another question, I'd ask it here before opening a whole new topic. I give a lot about feeling, story and such, so I would like to know when in the story would be correct point of time to change from the young Jack outfit to his classic older Jack pirate outfit? I always wasn't sure about that.

You change your outfit automatically at several points in the story. - the classic older Jack pirate outfit - you get when you meet Tia Dalma later on. :yes

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.

You get help, but then you need to play nonstop until you can get rid of the help.

Have you tried killing a monk? That won't help you with your saves problem, but it is .....interesting.

Back