• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Cant find danielle

yakrall

Landlubber
im in the mine but the house where the mine officer lives is bloqued, its a bug or im doing something wrong, outside on oxbay is full of bandits

Have you talked to the bartender in the tavern? Have you gone into the mine yet?

yes i already talked to the bartender, he told that i the mines ill find a guy who can read the tablets, but in the mine the black guy only say he is on a leash, then ill try to go to the mine officer house but its locked

If your last save was on Barbados then the bug may already have been triggered. Try an earlier save from before you arrived on Barbados.

Did you meet the thugs who try to kidnap you just outside Bridgetown gates?

my last save its on the church, after giving the papers to the father, and yes after i kill those thugs i go to the mine, but the mine officer's house is closed

According to the Wiki your only other choice is to sail to the lighthouse and go to the mine from there.

Your melee skill must be level 8 or better or you will be captured by those three thugs and brought into the mine. That always happens to me.

i was actually trying to lower my melee skill to trigger the capturing part, cause looks like the bug is with the quest find danielle and the french pirate in the tavern( her ship was destroyed by the fort), so looks like those 2 quest got mixed and i cant complete any of those 2

Some quests do interact with each other and mess each other up. I don't know if the "French pirate in the tavern" quest fouls up the main quest at this point because I've usually finished it before I get to "Find Danielle". But if "French pirate in the tavern" proceeds according to plan, when you arrive near Barbados you are teleported to the canyon instead of docking at a port, so it's possible that it's messing up "Find Danielle".

Do you have an earlier saved game from before Claire Larrouse's ship was destroyed?

Are you sure you're looking at the correct house? It's on the left near the entrance through the fence if you're in the canyon, or on the right near the fence if you're coming out of the mine shaft. Also, is it day or night? Perhaps head back to Bridgetown and spend a night in the tavern, then try the commandant's house again the next day.

The only way I can think of to lower your Melee skill is to wear cheap armour, which should drop it by 1. That will only help here if your Melee skill is exactly 8. If it's less, you get captured anyway; if it's 9 or 10 then the armour will reduce your skill to 8 or 9 and you'll still get the fight.

According to the Wiki your only other choice is to sail to the lighthouse and go to the mine from there.

Your melee skill must be level 8 or better or you will be captured by those three thugs and brought into the mine. That always happens to me.

That might be incorrect i think ive had malee at 10 and still gotten captured what made the diffrence was haveing officers (and crew) with me at that point they went oh bugger you have friends and i fought them.

no my last save its way after claire die, and yes i try almost everything on that left house but its always closed, and the guard talk me like i was a mine worker although i was never caputured

1000 curses. :rumgone

In the bad old days I would say to start a new game, but those bugs were supposed to be fixed. I have not had a problem there in a long time.

Do you defrag often? POTC can mess up a hard drive and regular maintenance is needed. Maybe a defrag and cleanup could get it working. :shrug

yeah i think ill have to start a new game, now ill complete every quest before taking another just to be sure, thanks for everything!

Back