• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Can't find Guadaloupe's bladesmithress

MrMister

Sailor Apprentice
So through unarmed citizen dialogue, in the asking-about-local-citizens part, you can ask about Tomas the bladesmith. However, I can't seem to find her building, and there is no option to ask for directions to her place either.

Is she really there?

Playing Tales of a Sea Hawk.

Untitled.png

No, Guadeloupe has no blacksmith. Whoever added Pointe a Pitre evidently copied the dialog files straight from St. Pierre.

Put this into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH". That should stop the citizens of Pointe a Pitre giving false information about blacksmiths.

Attachments

• PaP citizen_dialog.h
    9.2 KB · Views: 57
"Goddamnit"?
Do we consider that to be too harsh language for our originally mostly kid-friendly focus?
Personally I don't mind it (the luxuries of being not specifically religious).
But I know my mum would jump through the roof over such a thing.

Alternates: "Dagnabbit"; or even "(Bloody) bugger".

You're not going to see that line on Guadeloupe. It's only used in case "town_smithy", and whoever wrote "PaP citizen_dialog.c" did make some effort to disable dialog involving the non-existent blacksmith - all links to "town_smithy" are commented out. Unfortunately the link to "smithy" is not. Instead, I simply changed the dialog text so that you can get a hint not to bother searching for a blacksmith here.

And you don't need to worry about the dodgy line appearing in St. Pierre. That's where Tomasina really lives and both "town_smithy" and "smithy" both refer to her without any swearing.

However, in case the existence of the word in a dialog text file, even in a line which isn't used, may cause offence, I've changed it to a slight variation of one of your suggestions, and reuploaded the file in post #2.

in case the existence of the word in a dialog text file, even in a line which isn't used, may cause offence
I wouldn't think that is an issue.
I'm sorry if I caused any distress by mentioning it.. :(

Distress - hardly. Amusement - possibly. Have a look at the revised "PaP citizen_dialog.h" in post #2 to see what I put in its place. ;)

Back