• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't finish first quest

D

Dandz

I receive my ship at the start of the game and immediately sail for Martinique as i'm directed. However when i get there, there is no port or town or anything. I can't moor at the island. I've sailed along every bit of coastline on Martinique and haven't found anything.

You should be able to find somewhere to moor; Sail To is disabled until you discover a location as part of the Realistic Game Mode.
If you do not like this, turn it off in the Options menu and start a new game.

See attached image for a map of Martinique - it might help ( maps can be bought from traders & stores )

:doff

I recall having this problem first time I played through and I forgot how I solved it. When I deliver the sandal to Luc in the first quest, this is the dialog and the quest breaks.

That particular one was caused because we changed the cargo hold size of ships in ships_init.c to below the value required for the quest.
The fix is simple: increase it again until it works. But that's already done with the latest Patches.

Back