• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't get into Grand Turk

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
If I sail into port, the Pirates will shoot me down.

From which shore can I get into the city? I tried every shore and if I'm not mistaken, the only shore that leads to the city is "Sandy..."; but there I'm stuck right after the cave, hitting an invisible wall (see attached savgame).

cheers!

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave 31.7z
    688.4 KB · Views: 105
What is your relation to the Pirates?

Also, please post the compile.log from your attempt to get into port.

If I sail into port, the Pirates will shoot me down.

From which shore can I get into the city? I tried every shore and if I'm not mistaken, the only shore that leads to the city is "Sandy..."; but there I'm stuck right after the cave, hitting an invisible wall (see attached savgame).

cheers!
Try Birds Cove. If I remember correctly, from there you go to a jungle T-junction. One way leads to the lighthouse, the other leads to town. Alternatively, if you're planning on capturing Tortuga for yourself in order to enter safely, the same solution works on Turks Island. :pirate41:

Thanks; I've sailed into it with a "false flag" :p

@compile.log
I don't think this will be any help... because there is no error per se. Also, this is not when sailing into the port, it's when trying to come via land from Sandy Point after the cave, where I hit an invisible wall...

@compile.log
I don't think this will be any help... because there is no error per se.
Reason I wanted that is because it should specify the reason why the fort fired on you. ;)

Also, this is not when sailing into the port, it's when trying to come via land from Sandy Point after the cave, where I hit an invisible wall...
Probably a "missing" or disabled reload locator or something.

Thanks; I've sailed into it with a "false flag" :p

@compile.log
I don't think this will be any help... because there is no error per se. Also, this is not when sailing into the port, it's when trying to come via land from Sandy Point after the cave, where I hit an invisible wall...
Looking at the location file for Turks Island, Sandy Point, alias "Turks_shore_04", leads to "Turks_Cavern_03", which would be the cave you found. "Turks_Cavern_03" leads to "Turks_Cave_Exit_02", a fairly standard cave entrance, except that "reload2", which would lead to some other location from any other such entrance, goes nowhere from this one. So indeed you will not get far past the cave, unless you fall down a hole and into a dungeon! There's another locator which at any other such cave entrance is likely to have something for you to pick up, and which at "Turks_Cave_Exit_02" is a trap.

Looking at the location file for Turks Island, Sandy Point, alias "Turks_shore_04", leads to "Turks_Cavern_03", which would be the cave you found. "Turks_Cavern_03" leads to "Turks_Cave_Exit_02", a fairly standard cave entrance, except that "reload2", which would lead to some other location from any other such entrance, goes nowhere from this one. So indeed you will not get far past the cave, unless you fall down a hole and into a dungeon! There's another locator which at any other such cave entrance is likely to have something for you to pick up, and which at "Turks_Cave_Exit_02" is a trap.
So.... that locator that leads nowhere is actually intentional then?
As in: There is basically nowhere for it to lead to? That's fine then. :yes

Sandy Point can occasionally be the destination for random treasure quests, in which case the treasure is somewhere in the area outside the cave. The beach itself may perhaps be used for smuggling. Beyond that, Sandy Point is, well, pointless. xD There's nowhere for it to lead that isn't already accessed from somewhere else.

Try Birds Cove instead...

Back