• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't hire more crew members (Possible Plot Spoiler)

stuwage

Landlubber
I'm to the point in the game now where I established my own nation of Libertania. Only problem is, every colony is hostile towards me except the pirate colony. But when I go out and fight, I lose more soldiers than I can hire back at the pirate colony tavern.

I tried sneaking into a colony to hire pirates from the taverns there, but the tavern keeper just ducks down in fear and will not talk to me. Any suggestions on how I can beef up my crew? Thanks.

Not sure how it works with stock, but in the supermod, there is a change that allows you to hire guys, then fire them. When you do that, new crew member show up. Also in stock, there is a limit on the number of hirable officers you can have. In Supermod, that limit has been increased a bunch.

Though I may be wrong here. Also, you should be able to hire officers from any colonies you own.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=173381:date=Nov 25 2006, 01:00 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cap'n_Drow @ Nov 25 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]173381[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Not sure how it works with stock, but in the supermod, there is a change that allows you to hire guys, then fire them. When you do that, new crew member show up. Also in stock, there is a limit on the number of hirable officers you can have. In Supermod, that limit has been increased a bunch.

Though I may be wrong here. Also, you should be able to hire officers from any colonies you own.

Cap'n Drow
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for the reply. Where can I get the super mod? I looked under files on the pirate ahoy website, and there's only the opening movie and the patch.

<!--quoteo(post=173391:date=Nov 25 2006, 03:42 PM:name=Stu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stu @ Nov 25 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]173391[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Thanks for the reply. Where can I get the super mod? I looked under files on the pirate ahoy website, and there's only the opening movie and the patch.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->AOP mods forum

(just below this one)

sticky with the name Super Mod

<!--quoteo(post=173392:date=Nov 25 2006, 02:58 PM:name=rupertlittlebear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rupertlittlebear @ Nov 25 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]173392[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=173391:date=Nov 25 2006, 03:42 PM:name=Stu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stu @ Nov 25 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]173391[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->AOP mods forum

(just below this one)

sticky with the name Super Mod
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sweet, Thanks! I'm downloading the rar files now. I'm guessing I just install the main mod and the update on the first page? Or do I need to scroll through the 10+ pages of posts to find all the update files?

mod, and all its associated mod parts (page 1)

and 2 updates certainly (galaxy downloads)
update #3 is up for grabs.

Aye, main installer 1.1. Updates 1 thru 3, 3 being optional as some folks experience difficulties with it.

Cap'n Drow

Back