• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can't run on land

Burkotnik

Landlubber
Hi,

I've been having that specific problem for some time. I haven't played the game for years and now when I installed it it appears that my character can't run! It's really frustrating when going somewhere within the boundries of an island takes ages. I cannot run even when hitting the 'shift' button.

I obviously tried to change it in controls.c file, in options menu, restoring to defaults, reinstalling the game. It worked for me only after installation of the Combined mod.
After upgrading to GoF I could still run, but there were some bugs, so I reinstalled the game again, but with GoF only. No more running.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

I can not remember hearing of this bug before. You could try deleting your options file, restarting, and then resetting the options. That sometimes works with control problems.

Hi,

I've been having that specific problem for some time. I haven't played the game for years and now when I installed it it appears that my character can't run! It's really frustrating when going somewhere within the boundries of an island takes ages. I cannot run even when hitting the 'shift' button.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Have you checked how much weight of stuff you are carrying?

- I think if you are carrying more than your limit then the game stops you from running - and only lets you walk :mad:

:cheers

Back