• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Cant select profession in character selection

Malachias

The Dude Abides
Also, not sure if this is intended, but during the creation of a new game, the characters that allow you to choose a background profession won't actually allow you choose since the select option is not actually able to be selected. So no matter what you choose, a character with options that will not let you change the background profession option or the characters that say they will, won't actually let you change them. So you are stuck with default per character.

@Malachias I believe chosing the background is only viable for some storylines, not all.

Oh, no. I noticed it is only available for some of the storylines. But for those that show you have the option to change it, if you go into that submenu and scroll to another background, the bottom button that should allow you choose a different background is subdued and won't let you actually select it. Unless this is something specific to me. I may have done something wrong. There is no telling.

I have been playing this game with the mod from this site since CMV and all subsequent build versions.
CMV was for a different game... :wp

I do despair at having to start a new game constantly, but I love the new features.
Since we want to get some proper testing done now, we don't want people to have to start a new game all the time anyway. ;)

Also, not sure if this is intended, but during the creation of a new game, the characters that allow you to choose a background profession won't actually allow you choose since the select option is not actually able to be selected. So no matter what you choose, a character with options that will not let you change the background profession option or the characters that say they will, won't actually let you change them. So you are stuck with default per character.
I cannot confirm. Works perfectly fine for me. :shrug

Are there any default settings that you have changed? Perhaps that is the reason?

I know this bug.. theres a slight chance that sometimes the whole new game interface "freezes", you can click on everything, but you can't select anything anymore.. go back to main menu and again to new game, and you should be able to customize your starting options ;)

Seems to work for me to so for now I'm going to set this as not a bug

Back