• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't talk to jean maginot

agoria

Powder Monkey
Hi,
I'm in the first quest and Jean Maginot doesn't want to talk to me, as I'm not french.
I tried to level up with a cheat code to have 10 commerce, but he still refuses to talk to me.
He says "go away before I call the guards".
I have the amount of cinnamon required...

Hi,

He says "go away before I call the guards".

Store merchants say that if you have hostile relations with their Nation ( in this case France ) - check your relations with France on the F2 - Relations screen.

If you were flying a flag of a nation that France is hostile to when you arrived at St Martin. That may cause the Merchant to react this way.

Try going back to an earlier save before you arrive at St Martin . Raise a flag of a nation Friendly to France ( or your Personal flag if you have friendly relations with France ) and sail to St Martin and see if that works.

:cheers

Also what is your personal reputation - underneath your name on the F2 Character screen. -- Normal - Bloke - Hero - or - Swindler - Rascal - Bloody Terror.

If your reputation is too low (bad) then again the Store Keepers won't talk to you and just say they will "Go away before I call the guards".

:drunk

I know for the flags. I just started the Bartolomeu quest but I know the game.
I have french flag, I was not recognized, and my reputation is neutral.

Flags don't make a different for store owners. If you're hostile to his nation, then you need to be a Hero to be able to talk to him.
I've put this on the to-do list to fix at some point. In the meantime, I recommend you use the cheatmode to set yourself to Hero.
That's the easiest way to continue.

Back