• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Captain helding captive bug

Torres

Landlubber
First, well !! ahoy mates!! Spaniard reporting for duty, how ya doing? :onya

Everything in this game seems to run smoothly, and the improvements with the GoF 1.1.2 are great.

So I just found a small bug, it's related to those people running into you in certain towns and offering big amounts of money if you ( kill captain, rescue husband/bride etc... ) after months of pursuing that captain I finally found him on Charlestown, I go talk to him and he say that YES HE HAS THE CAPTIVE but he's not going to set him free...

So, a Logbook status appears and reads WELL NOW I HAVE TO INVADE HIS FRIGATE ! well... I have waited days and days and the guy never leaves the town, there are no frigates or ships outside the WHOLE ISLAND !!! I never see any green ( targeted ship ) around AND most important... if I draw my sword in front of him he just enters in a dialogue with my character, no responses are available, then after finishing the animation the game crashes.

PS.- If I kill the guy the garrison turns against me, and the logbook says that now I would never get my reward (which is something like 80k)

THAAAANKS IN ADVANCE

First, well !! ahoy mates!! Spaniard reporting for duty, how ya doing? :onya

Everything in this game seems to run smoothly, and the improvements with the GoF 1.1.2 are great.

So I just found a small bug, it's related to those people running into you in certain towns and offering big amounts of money if you ( kill captain, rescue husband/bride etc... ) after months of pursuing that captain I finally found him on Charlestown, I go talk to him and he say that YES HE HAS THE CAPTIVE but he's not going to set him free...

So, a Logbook status appears and reads WELL NOW I HAVE TO INVADE HIS FRIGATE ! well... I have waited days and days and the guy never leaves the town, there are no frigates or ships outside the WHOLE ISLAND !!! I never see any green ( targeted ship ) around AND most important... if I draw my sword in front of him he just enters in a dialogue with my character, no responses are available, then after finishing the animation the game crashes.

PS.- If I kill the guy the garrison turns against me, and the logbook says that now I would never get my reward (which is something like 80k)

THAAAANKS IN ADVANCE

Hi Spaniard
You have to catch that guy at see, any interaction with him at land is useless. On the world map his ship is RED. Sometimes they stay in the same city for a long time, that's true. Make sure you do not only search on the world map, but also with Sail-to-option. :gday

[/quote]

Hi Spaniard
You have to catch that guy at see, any interaction with him at land is useless. On the world map his ship is RED. Sometimes they stay in the same city for a long time, that's true. Make sure you do not only search on the world map, but also with Sail-to-option. :gday
[/quote]

Thanks for the quick answer.

What are the chances of finding that guy will in sail mode? anyways thanks

Hello Spaniard and welcome aboard Mate!

I have found that most of the time he is hanging about the area at sea in sail mode. Save after you run into him. Then go to sea. Pull up your sail to interface and look at what ships are there and investigate. If not there go back to the save and stay at the tavern until evening or morning and then go to sea. Most of the time, I find him pretty quickly.

Always a fun mission. I love how the girl is in the cabin there and comes to you to thank you after you kill him. "My Hero" Makes a privateer feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

MK

Hello Spaniard and welcome aboard Mate!

I have found that most of the time he is hanging about the area at sea in sail mode. Save after you run into him. Then go to sea. Pull up your sail to interface and look at what ships are there and investigate. If not there go back to the save and stay at the tavern until evening or morning and then go to sea. Most of the time, I find him pretty quickly.

Always a fun mission. I love how the girl is in the cabin there and comes to you to thank you after you kill him. "My Hero" Makes a privateer feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

MK

Hey thanks, I dont know if this topic is still receiving attention but the "funny" thing is that I HAVE FOUND at least FOUR of those damn captains, all of them inside the cities.... walking peacefully, talking with both citizens or guards, wandering around taking a stroll... and obviously, you can distinguish the guy because is the only non-guard character carrying weapon.

I'll try what you recommended, I'll wait in taverns or wait at night, I really want to do this... it is becoming something personal, I had patrolled the around the island for 2 months and no signs of the coloured sail ship.

So right now, as GOD (or whoever) is my witness, I'll take no rest until I board that frigate, kill that captain and rescue someone. ( I will kill the captain with a dagger ) thats the deepness of my rage hahahahahahaha

Quick edit:

Still same bug, no matter the island, no matter the time of the day. If I "unholster"??? whats the word for taking out the sword?? well... If I pull the sword out NEAR THE GUY, he tries to enter in a conversation with no possible answers and then the game crashes to desktop.

well it's happened to me to....so i let the guy on the island and go to other islands and after a while a port master tell me that the guys was there and go to other town....so if you go to that town....you find that guy in the sea on ship with orange sails....and then you can close the quest after bord and kill him....:p

Hello, i'm sending a bottle in water 'cause when i'am boarding this captain's ship, after fighting his team, i had no captive coming to me.
After plunder and assign crew, my logbook tell that the captain and the bride as well are died !
Do i make something bad ?
I have tried ti change my flag, change ship taking a smaller ship for boarding, nothing change this issue...
Please help me, i'am fed up with this quest.

This may be because surrender is not functioning correctly in many of the GOF mods. Which mod are you playing with?

MK

Thanks for the lighting, MK,

I'm running GOF v1.1.2.

Actually, i still have this problem and the scoundrel dare to tease me with is reddish sails crossing my way by months !
I'm raging !

And, i struck by a strange issue ; after weeks playing without majors bugs, today i can moor only on one point on every island if i try to go with 'Sail to' option...
I solve yhis part of my problem. :)

MK, what version it's best to play actually ?!

Back