• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Captain officertypes showing up in taverns

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
I have found something very strange. I hired an officer on Pirate Settlement on Nevis and he said he was a pirate captain. What? Is that possible?

Pirate captain.jpg

Aha, I hired two officers on Hispanola in the tavern seated at the table both were seated at the table and were identified as Privateer Captains. The have hire values that the specfic officers we get from the bartender.

While those are indeed existing officer types, I don't think they should occur randomly on officers ashore.
Rather, that should be only used for actual Captain characters.
Uhm.... @Levis....?

@HellSailor of @Jason did they say from the start already they where that type of officer (so in the dialog) or only when you looked at theire stats?

This one should do the trick.
Use F11 and then go out of the tavern and go in again if you are using an existing game.

Attachments

• LandEnc_init.c
    27.2 KB · Views: 76
I figured as much. Could you please test the provided file? It should go in the landencounters folder.

This one should do the trick.
Use F11 and then go out of the tavern and go in again if you are using an existing game.
So because the hire-able officers weren't set as "being officers", they could choose randomly from ALL types?
Does that mean you could also encounter "people say I am a good civilian"? :rofl

Back