• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Captains perks dont get checkmark

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
There is something wrong with Danielles interface, perks wont be marked.

Attachments

• seadogs2_0013.jpg
    seadogs2_0013.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 79
Might have made a mistake here when doing some of the captain stuff.

I thought a coloured icon means the character has the perk, while a tick means another character is contributing the perk to the pool? The perks shown in that screenshot are personal combat perks which should not be part of the general pool. They can't be contributed - you can't be have Gunman just because one of the other officers has it! So those perks are coloured (Danielle has them herself) and not ticked (it doesn't matter if anyone else has them).

Right :p. If the problem is with other perks too Let me know.

Yes all perks after the gun perks should work

I think they all work fine as it should be. If I am not mistaken...
  • The perks with a tick mean that other officers contribute to you the perk, so the perk they have works equally to you, even if you don't have it yet.
  • The colored perks means that you have researched those perks by yourself. They also don't have the number of free points needed to get it when they are researchd.
Am I right? If that is the case, then all perks work as it should be. But to be 100% sure, I will continue testing further it.

I think they all work fine as it should be. If I am not mistaken...
  • The perks with a tick mean that other officers contribute to you the perk, so the perk they have works equally to you, even if you don't have it yet.
  • The colored perks means that you have researched those perks by yourself. They also don't have the number of free points needed to get it when they are researchd.
Am I right? If that is the case, then all perks work as it should be. But to be 100% sure, I will continue testing further it.

That is correct. But please also check for captains of other ships, cause it should work the same for them as for you. A captain on another ship doesn't contribute to you anymore, but officers on that ship will contribute to this captain.

... except that looking at my own abilities, the combat perks which I've taken for myself are ticked. :unsure

will take a look at it. probably you do see those checkmarks because those perks do contribute to you :p.
people think its more understandable if they show no tickmarks?

will take a look at it. probably you do see those checkmarks because those perks do contribute to you :p.
people think its more understandable if they show no tickmarks?
Personal abilities don't contribute from other characters to you, right? You just have your own and that's it.
Simple solution might be to not show any tick marks for abilities that the character him/herself already has.
Alternate: Don't ever show tick marks for personal abilties.

Back