• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Capture Colony

Anhedonic93

Powder Monkey
Hi there

First of all, fantastic work on the build as always - it runs great and looks awesome.

With regards to the capture colony functionality, I read that in the current build you get three options once you've done in the fort and fought your way through the town to the governor. These are 1) take the money, 2) become the ruler or appoint your own, 3) hand the colony over to a national power.

I'm playing as a pirate and have seen the head pirate dude and asked to join them. I then tried sacking the town in Puerto Rico. I defeated the fort and got to the governor, but only had the option to take the money. I've tried several others and the same result. Am I doing something wrong? If so, what do I need to do to see the other options? Also, once you've finished and taken the money, the town reverts back to it's previous nation owner (in this case Spain) in the "colony"menu, whereas before I swear it went pirate/players personal flag.

One final thing, I've never been able to use the "Manage colony" button in any build version and was just wondering again if I was doing anything wrong!

Cheers!

What storyline are you playing? In the Standard one, colony capture is disabled for the original game's towns to prevent weird things from happening to the main quest.
Other towns can be captured though. Also, in other storylines you are free to capture whichever town you like.

However, you cannot capture any towns unless you have officers available to assign as replacement governor and/or fort commander.
If you don't, the option will not show up.

If you merely loot and plunder a town, its nation will remain the same. It should not be turning to pirate either.

The "Manage" button is enabled for any towns you captured yourself.
Unfortunately it only allows you to rename the town and change the tax level; no other options are available.

Hi there

First of all, fantastic work on the build as always - it runs great and looks awesome.

With regards to the capture colony functionality, I read that in the current build you get three options once you've done in the fort and fought your way through the town to the governor. These are 1) take the money, 2) become the ruler or appoint your own, 3) hand the colony over to a national power.

I'm playing as a pirate and have seen the head pirate dude and asked to join them. I then tried sacking the town in Puerto Rico. I defeated the fort and got to the governor, but only had the option to take the money. I've tried several others and the same result. Am I doing something wrong? If so, what do I need to do to see the other options? Also, once you've finished and taken the money, the town reverts back to it's previous nation owner (in this case Spain) in the "colony"menu, whereas before I swear it went pirate/players personal flag.

One final thing, I've never been able to use the "Manage colony" button in any build version and was just wondering again if I was doing anything wrong!

Cheers!
Thanks so much, this really helped, am now master of two colonies!

Will keep a weather eye on the horizon for the new game. Can't wait!

...In the Standard one, colony capture is disabled for the original game's towns to prevent weird things from happening to the main quest...

If the story is finished. Will the capture colony be automatically enabled again for this storyline?

There is code in place to re-enable it, yes. Haven't tested it, but it should work.

Back