• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Capturing the Soleil Royal

nonresident

Landlubber
Hey all.. It seems as though I've ran into an issue regarding the ship, Soleil Royal. I completed the French questline, intending to board and capture this ship as my prize.. only to find out I'm unable to board it in combat. Has anyone else ran into this problem before, or know of a way to fix it?

On a different note, I was wondering if anyone had ideas on changing the other unique ships so that they too had fixed stats as the Flying Dutchman and Soleil Royal do through editing the game files. Thanks in advance!

Not being overly familiar with the CoAS coding, I can't be of much help here.
I had hoped there might be an "unique" attribute in ships_init.c like in PotC, but I just checked and there is not. :(

Hey all.. It seems as though I've ran into an issue regarding the ship, Soleil Royal. I completed the French questline, intending to board and capture this ship as my prize.. only to find out I'm unable to board it in combat. Has anyone else ran into this problem before, or know of a way to fix it?

On a different note, I was wondering if anyone had ideas on changing the other unique ships so that they too had fixed stats as the Flying Dutchman and Soleil Royal do through editing the game files. Thanks in advance!
You cannot board it. The only way is to let Soleil Royal board your ship. Buy a small ship with 30 crews, and Soleil Royal will board you, then good luck in your 1vs 1000 combat.

I did it!
Just read the solution and tested it!
It works.

Explanation :
Last french mission, AFTER you are sent to B Terre, moor Soleil du Royal (port control)
Go to B Terre without it, the quest WON'T BREAK, you will be able to blabla go back to Tortuga, blabla again and END the french questline.
But you own a Soleil du Royal :)

PS. I will post this twice, cause i saw another related question on this forum.
PPS. I used the port control in B Terre, dunno if another one works.

Back