• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Careers lead anywhere?

Bilgemunky

Landlubber
I waited until the first patch to start playing, and have made some good progress in the past week (although I still can't kill that blasted pirate boss!)

What I'm wondering is whether or not careers with the nations actually lead anywhere? I've been working for France since the beginning, and have been sent on dozen of errandboy type missions - fetch this, carry that, transport some dude... but never anything substantial - blow up this, seize that, etc. The missions seem random and not remotely progressive. Nor have I ever received a promotion - just that same 1000 a month.

Does this change at any point?

Yeah, it changes. You'll be asked to go sink ships or take over colonies later on.

The thing is, I have NO idea what this is based on. I upped my luck and leadership, and I got promoted after my first 8 missions, then after my first 16 missions. It's either very random, or very dependent.

Back