• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Cartagena - Has 2 Taverns !!

No I can't, there's a reason why I need the bottle to be available in Cartagena.
Ah, that explains it! :cheeky

But I can always have a storyline-specific version of tavern keeper 2's dialog so he only sells bottles in the storyline, then he keeps his normal behaviour anywhere else. Then everyone else will need to go to Nevis to get their bottles, as now.
No need. It is perfectly fine by me if you can buy them in Cartagena too. :doff

Some options:
- Copy the "Nevis Brothel" code into that "Second Cartagena Tavern" dialog
OR
- Add it to tavern.c instead, which is shared with ALL tavern owners and then you'd basically add that feature to every single one of them at the same time

What you think is best is up to you. Just don't bother with that "storyline-only dialog", because there is no need for that. ;)

After hunting around to find who in Nevis brothel sells bottles (Valentina Malter, alias "barwench" for dialog file purposes), I'm not sure the brothel dialog is suitable. The text certainly isn't, and neither is the price of 1000 per bottle, which presumably also includes services of the house. Base prices for wine and rum bottles in "initItems.c" are 300 and 120 respectively, so I'll use those, plus the usual 5 for a room.

It turns out that tavern 2, tavern 1 and for that matter Havana tavern all use the same dialog files, "Fadrique Castillo_dialog.c/h". So if this works, they'll all have bottles for sale. Pity, I'd rather have limited it to tavern 2 - it was you who wanted something unique about tavern 2, this was my attempt at making it. ;) Maybe I'll alter "PROGRAM\Characters\init\taverns.c" to give Salvadore Xalmiento, i.e. tavern keeper 2, his own dialog. Then he'll be the only one selling bottles.

Back