• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cartagena: killing merchant locks you in city

Johanno

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Dropbox - -=Player=- QuickSave 129
in this save i kill ENRIQUE LERMA who is a merchant.(you'll be a pirate and the guilds soldiers appear.)
but if you kill them you will be locked in town.

saving when i've killed them is not possible (maybe because fight mode wont stop)

Last edited:
as i just noticed, the reinforcements of the guards is shown in the message log, but they won't appear(i mean if you only attack the guards at the door). maybe thats connected to that bug.

Its not a bug! If you kill a civilian town will be locked until you kill all guards.
So dont kill any civilian or guard before you are ready to handle it.

@Johanno well i played your save game and indeed something is wrong
and weird. Look at the buildings they are wrong too.
I cant help you, you have to wait for someone else to have a look into it. seadogs2_0001.jpg
PS. have you tried to delete the options file,it maybe will help you.

Last edited:
Its not a bug! If you kill a civilian town will be locked until you kill all guards.
So dont kill any civilian or guard before you are ready to handle it.
well i killed everybody and still was locked ;)

This error blocks the reinforcements, so they wont show up.

@Pieter Boelen There are indeed a bug in Cartagena. Look at the picture at post 6.
This block the reinforcement to show up, and you are stuck. The town stays locked.
I tried the scene in my own game. I can make a savegame if you want me to do it.

the savegame in the first post is in the town and you aren't stuck until you kill the merchant

Excellent, then I should have all I need.
Clearly there is an issue, so it's on the to do list for me to look into. :doff

Back