• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Catalina storyline ideas?

Maelstrom

Landlubber
Ahoy all!
May I first start off by saying that I apologize if this is the wrong section, and if it is, please direct me to the proper section!

I've always dabbled in the build mods since I discovered it about 2 years ago, even made my own modifications to the build mods to fit my play style slightly.

Anyway, the reason I am posting is that I would strongly enjoy a few suggestions or tips to get me started.
First question is quite possibly the most important here. Has anyone yet tried to produce a Catalina story line yet? If so, I may as well toss this aside for a while, or pick a different character to work on.
Second, what would be a story line that would more fit the whole Catalina ideal, and even more importantly, what would be a more proper era for the story line to take place? I would figure the late 1500s or mid 1600s would be fitting for her.

I guess the best way to get started would to look at some of the other story lines, such as Hornblower to get an idea of what I am supposed to do and then just fill in the blanks from there.

Fair winds,

Maelstrom

Check out the tutorials in the Build section to help you get started. I suggest changing a current quest before trying to do your own quest though :yes

Check out the tutorials in the Build section to help you get started. I suggest changing a current quest before trying to do your own quest though :yes

Mostly been err, Pirating (Yarr!:dance) code from the New Horizons story line, but never did think about checking out the tutorials for filling in the blanks.
Thanks!

Post here if you get stuck doing something though, we will try and help you do it (we just wont do it for you ;))

Post here if you get stuck doing something though, we will try and help you do it (we just wont do it for you ;))

I probably will get stuck doing something at some point, making me look like an absolute fool in the process, but eh! That's life.
Having someone doing it for me would almost be entirely pointless. :razz

Yeah, you need to be able to learn from your mistakes and we were all beginners at one point matey ;)

Indeed, SuperDurnius.

By the way, from what I read in your first post, Maelstrom, try to choose the late 1500s in order to have a good storyline for the early explorer period. It's the only period without a real storyline.

Indeed, SuperDurnius.

By the way, from what I read in your first post, Maelstrom, try to choose the late 1500s in order to have a good storyline for the early explorer period. It's the only period without a real storyline.

Yeah, I really did notice that the late 1500s was the only period without a real storyline. I'm fairly sure I can come up with something interesting involving Spain in the late 1500s and make it playable.:yes Thanks for the advice!

One of our old-time modders named herself Catalina the Pirate.
She's a character in the Devlin storylines.
That storyline is very much unfinished, but the idea was that every modder-based character would provide a different route for playing the story.
It is set in the Early Explorers period, as suggested before.
You could set up the Catalina route if you'd like to.
That way there's at least already some start you can work from. :yes

And it would also mean you dont have to worry about a MASSIVE project but could concerntrate on a slightly smaller one :yes

Back