• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Evil Stormy Start into Free Play Opening Scenario Choice

Do you have interest in a truly difficult "Evil" starting scenario?

• No, I wouldn't use it anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I need to set pchar.rank = 1; first and then execute that function?
Does that include a reset of HP?
it will set the rank to 1 also and it also resets HP.

Oh and btw I think adventurer might be a nice one to have the evil stormy start. And maybe explorer

it will set the rank to 1 also and it also resets HP.
:onya

Oh and btw I think adventurer might be a nice one to have the evil stormy start. And maybe explorer
I'd definitely NOT choose that one, because it is probably one many people will choose.
And I'll ENFORCE the Evil Stormy Start for the one we choose so that it actually becomes more obvious that it exists.

Maybe I can rename one we don't care about. Or add a new one, why not.
Call it "Castaway" and then trigger a dialog that mentions how you're one of the regular passengers and that the weather is bad.

I've started on this and I'm going with the "Castaway" player type.
Here you can see how you get zero skills and no bonuses at game start:
upload_2016-1-21_18-43-12.png

:whipa

I've started on this and I'm going with the "Castaway" player type.
Here you can see how you get zero skills and no bonuses at game start:
View attachment 25327
:whipa
If we are going to make it fun anyways what about giving him no gun or sword but just a bow and some bladearrows instead (with the story he made them himself from the wreckage :p ?)

If we are going to make it fun anyways what about giving him no gun or sword but just a bow and some bladearrows instead (with the story he made them himself from the wreckage :p ?)
That would actually be less hard than how it is currently set up.
You just get 1-4 cobblestones now! But actually, bow and arrow might indeed be more fun.
And new also!

That would actually be less hard than how it is currently set up.
You just get 1-4 cobblestones now! But actually, bow and arrow might indeed be more fun.
And new also!
a bow and arrow and some cobblestones sounds like a good start to me :) (I still want to make a 3d model of a cobblestone and just put them at random places in the jungles :p )

What about revenge for marooned him, searching for the captain and the crew
who has done that to him ,and maybe also trying to get his beloved ship back
again.

With Evil Stormy Start, you get skills of 1 everywhere. So you can't have been much of a captain.
My thinking is that you're a passenger who washed overboard in a storm.
That's the simplest I can think of and simple is what I'm after now.

So that's why I call it "Castaway" rather than "Marooned".
If you want a much better marooned start, Woodes Rogers starts with a brilliant example!

With Evil Stormy Start, you get skills of 1 everywhere. So you can't have been much of a captain.
Thats a good point, I was not having this in my mind.
I tried to play woody Rogers a lot of times, never advance much.
Its hard puzzle Jack Rackham is doing, to hard for me I think :bonaparte

I finished my work on this. Now it works like this:
- Standard Storyline has the ORIGINAL Stormy Start, where you sometimes are separated from your ship, and NO "evil" variation.
- Free Play Storyline has an ALTERNATE Stormy Start, where you are ALWAYS separated from your ship (because I figure that is more fun! :whipa )
- Choosing the "Castaway" player type on the Free Play storyline triggers the former "Evil Stormy Start", but now with custom dialogs and texts.
- Difficulty Level is no longer used to trigger this in any way.

Sounds good? Will be included for testing in the next update. :cheers

I finished my work on this. Now it works like this:
- Standard Storyline has the ORIGINAL Stormy Start, where you sometimes are separated from your ship, and NO "evil" variation.
- Free Play Storyline has an ALTERNATE Stormy Start, where you are ALWAYS separated from your ship (because I figure that is more fun! :whipa )
- Choosing the "Castaway" player type on the Free Play storyline triggers the former "Evil Stormy Start", but now with custom dialogs and texts.
- Difficulty Level is no longer used to trigger this in any way.

Sounds good? Will be included for testing in the next update. :cheers
Sounds good to me :).

Has anyone tried this? @ANSEL, I think you were playing with it?
Did it work? Does it make sense? Is it as challenging as it should be?

Nicely done!

I'll consider this feature to be finished then as well.

Back