• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Change suit, change look...

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi mates,

my question for a new little mod is: How can I use the character-model exchange-function (when putting on a cirass) for putting on a special suit (merchant clothes), so that your character-model changes to another one, which requests a different texture??

Any ideas?

First, go into the herodescribe file, you'll see something like this:

Code:
heroName_1 {Peter}

heroNameGen_1 {Peter}

heroNameDat_1 {Peter}

heroLastname_1 {Blood}

heroLastnameGen_1 {Blood}

heroLastNameDat_1 {Blood}

heroFace_1 {221}

heroModel_1 {Blad_0,Blad_1,Blad_2,Blad_3,Blad_4,Blad_5,Blad_6,Blad_7,Blad_8}

What matters here is the heromodel_, you'll see nine entries. Each entry represents a model for this chracter, they go in the following order (default model, light armor, medium armor, tough armor, exlusive armor, poor, merchant, rich)

You must follow this order and not skip an outfit, so for example you have some merchant clothing, that is slot 8. Therefore you must fill in the other clothing slots with something, if you don't have models for the rest, just use the default model up till you reach the merchant slot. For example, it should not look like this:

Code:
heroModel_1 {default,merchant,rich}

Otherwise you'll have the default clothing, the merchant clothing will take place of the light armor and the rich clothing takes the place of the medium armor.

There are other steps to this process but I think for now, this answers your question.

Back