• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Changing compass to the stock version from GOF version

Anubis Cruger

Landlubber
Is it possible to revert to the stock compass (with canon range and radar)? Under the " F:\Sea Dogs - City of Abandoned Ships\RESOURCE\Textures\BATTLE_INTERFACE " there are "compass.tga", "compass1.tga" and "indicators_dark_and_center_ship.tga", "indicators_dark_and_center_ship1.tga". Which one is the normal CoAS verion? Using GOF 2.1.5 mod.

Looks like none of them is the original compass with canon range ui? Is it possible to bring it back?
I wasn't really involved with CoAS, so I'm not sure of the specifics.
I'd assume if you find the stock game files (possibly through a second reinstall), the original files should be in there.

Is this just a texture difference or also a difference in positioning/functionality?

I wasn't really involved with CoAS, so I'm not sure of the specifics.
I'd assume if you find the stock game files (possibly through a second reinstall), the original files should be in there.

Is this just a texture difference or also a difference in positioning/functionality?
Not really about the texture, but more about functionality. The wind direction is there in the default GOF mode but not in the Realistic compass (which is fine by me). What I am missing is the canon range UI that can be zoomed in/out by adjusting with E/F key, along with the wind direction. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Modders who are working on GOF, I need you! :cheers

I guess I have to change the files with a fresh installed files from another directory

Not really about the texture, but more about functionality.
Ah; in that case, maybe you can find better answers by comparing the stock game PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\BattleInterface.c file with the GoF version.
Based on my knowledge of PotC (which has a very similar file structure), I think that is the most likely file to be responsible.

Modders who are working on GOF, I need you! :cheers
I don't think there any active GoF modders left here these days.
You might want to send a PM to some of the people who worked on it in the past.

There are no modders anymore. When they were here they claimed that the compass worked properly, but it never did and no one fixed it.

SOLVED!!!!

Just replaced the compass.tga and indicators_dark_and_center_ship.tga with fresh CoAS files from another directory, and the default compass now works fine (including showing enemy ships and canon range en the HUD)! Didn't have to touch the Battleinterface.c file. And the Realistic compass option is there too now. I'm so happy!

:dance:dance:dance Time to hoist the Jolly Roger !!!
:ship

Back