• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing flag bug in mod 3.20?

plopje48

Landlubber
:whipa Whenever I change the shipflag from british to spain,holland or pirate,the game freezes and need to be ctrl-alt -del
to shut the game.Is it a bug?

Ain't happenin' for me. Did you mess with the files or do you have a clean install? Could also be the game's tryng to play the flag change cutscene and freezes because of some codec issue or something like that. The cutscenes are in Windows Media Video format, so you could try updating your codecs. But since these are pretty much the only cutscenes in the game and they're completely pointless, you could also get around the problem by simply disabling them altogether. There's a 'proper' way of doing that by editing the game files (which I don't remember and can't find at the moment), but simply deleting the cutscene files does the trick as well (they're in install dir\resource\videos).

Ain't happenin' for me. Did you mess with the files or do you have a clean install? Could also be the game's tryng to play the flag change cutscene and freezes because of some codec issue or something like that. The cutscenes are in Windows Media Video format, so you could try updating your codecs. But since these are pretty much the only cutscenes in the game and they're completely pointless, you could also get around the problem by simply disabling them altogether. There's a 'proper' way of doing that by editing the game files (which I don't remember and can't find at the moment), but simply deleting the cutscene files does the trick as well (they're in install dir\resource\videos).

Your right.I deleted the files in the map video and it is working now.Thanks a lot. :onya

Back