• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing flags results in a crash

infinitywulf

Landlubber
Hi I'm playing Age of Pirates two with the latest version of the buildpack and am enjoying it immensly except I have one problem, if I try to change my flag from my current nation to any other nation or pirate the game will blackscreen and crash. I have tried it with several different ships and it always results in a blackscreen and crash. I'm guessing it's having some sort of problem with the flags video or something if there is a video for it, I can't recall if that was in this game offhand. For system specs I'm running a P4 3.2, 2 gigs of ram, Radeon 4750 HD so video/memory/processor wise I should be ok. Windows XP sp3, and when I play I make sure that my antivirus suite is turned off just to eliminate problems. The only thing I've really changed has been to make the display resolution 1920x1080 to match my monitor's native resolution in the engine.ini since I hated playing on my big old widescreen without it also being widescreen.

Any ideas? If it's something that needs a reinstall I can do that, but if there's an easier way by say disabling videos or such, or copying over unbroken files from somewhere I would much prefer that of course. Thanks much all.

Age of Pirates two with the latest version of the buildpack
This sounds like you're installed the PotC Build Mod on top of Age of Pirates? That won't work. :wacko:

Age of Pirates two with the latest version of the buildpack
This sounds like you're installed the PotC Build Mod on top of Age of Pirates? That won't work. :wacko:

Ah sorry, no it's the 3.1.5 complete version of the CoAS mod. Sorry I said that, I've been playing the PotC buildpack since about build 11, force of habit. ;)

Edit: Well after looking over several other crash/problem posts for CoAS I noticed there seemed to be a lot of problems coming from codecs, especially ffdshow. I tried disabling them and working from there and viola, movies play, no crash, so problem fixed. I hate disabling a codec like that but then again I can re-eanble it quickly enough if I need it.

Back