• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing Forum

Premium4

Captain Victorious
Storm Modder
:gday
What's with changing this forum???
Only have to turn my back for a couple of days and whoopsy we got new wallpaper!!
However this time wasn't too bad as I could log in without having problems....... :wp

AYE... Logged on this morning it was the old forum
Logged on like an hour or two later and we had a new forum...

It should be good once we get used to it ;)

Yeah even I didn't have to re log-in this post. Wonders will never cease.

Only hope they get rid of this horrible white background, it's a killer on the eyes. :wp Oh wow Look who got fixed, the whistlers back. :yes

The new forum looks kinda interesting, but is completely not what I'm used to.
It's working though and I suppose we'll get used to it sooner or later.
And there's bound to be nice new features too, I'm a-thinking.

Can't stand in the way of progress ;) I actually quite like it, though the white background is an issue everything else is groovy (albeit not piratey enough)

For the white background, you can choose the old school skin at the bottom of the page, it will make life for your eyes a bit easier. It will also be the base for a pirate type skin later on.

But you need to make one change... Activate option, which separates stickies with line...

The brown skin is so much better than white :D

I can actually look at it without having to worry about going blind :rofl

Can't stand in the way of progress ;) I actually quite like it, though the white background is an issue everything else is groovy (albeit not piratey enough)

For the white background, you can choose the old school skin at the bottom of the page, it will make life for your eyes a bit easier. It will also be the base for a pirate type skin later on.

Real nice Keith especially with the "old school skin", but now when I want to go back to the forum and click "backspace" key or click on left arrow top of browser I get this:

Pleasechange.jpg

So I am forced to go to bottom of page and click on what forum I want to go to. But I can do, so no biggie.

Not sure about that one mate, I don't have the same problem with either Chrome or Firefox, I think it must be some cache problem on your side.....possibly. Perhaps some other will also have that problem as well.

Keith, I have noticed a couple of issues the past couple of days, not sure if they are specific to me or not. My member discription under my avatar seems to be a bit wonky, not sure if it is releated to my join date or not. It lists my Gender, Location and Interest three different times. The other issue I noticed is I was unable to change my avatar, I tried uploading it several times, I even tried to point to an off site file and still no luck. I can get rid of it completely, but can't seem to change it. Other than that, everything seems to be working great! The upgrade even fixed the whistling pirate! :wp :onya

It's not just you who can see the weirdness under your avatar, Thagarr - I can too. :?

For the changing the avatar problem, have you tried deleting all your cookies after removing your avatar? I had to do that on the old forum every time, otherwise I'd never see my new avatar.

Hmmm, hadn't thought about that Stallion, thanks mate. I'll also try clearing the cache. I see your avatar just fine, btw, no weirdness in the description ...I wonder if it something related to Firefox or one of the plugins. Sometimes Firefox does have minor problems with some pages, but that is mainly because most are written specifically for IE.

I see no weirdness in either of your guys details.

The other thing with the avatar it needs to be small, I tried uploading a bit one and it failed but my current one I did after the upgrade and it worked ok (about 6kb or something)

Ok, everything seems to be working ok now Keith, I think it was something screwy with Firefox. I logged in with IE and everything looks good. My avatar is different, so I am pretty sure that was the cache. I should have checked that first ....
mybad.gif

You know what the weird thing is. I use firefox too, and Thagarr is the only one with the problem he just described.

Why does the code of posts sometimes change to HTML when you edit? That's REALLY annoying,
because then I have to translate it back to IPB code manually, because the forum doesn't accept HTML. :shock

I have to change my previous comment; it is INSANELY annoying.
Especially if I try to edit my Alpha 9 threads and have to retranslate the HTML back to IPB code.
Why did it change to HTML in the first place??? :modding :shock :wacko: :shock :modding

It's possible that the forum has html enabled, i'll try turning it off and see what happens then.

Is it in all forum you've had this or just the build?

I didn't try the others, but it seems to me that all old posts appear correct, but when you try to edit them, their code shows as HTML.
So if I then make the adjustment I want, it doesn't show properly, because you can't submit messages in HTML.
To edit correctly, you have to edit, translate it back to IPB code, make your edit and then it's good.
Once you've done that, it doesn't seem to revert to HTML anymore. It also doesn't seem to apply to new posts.

Back